Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

And SALT is already ahead of Lucy in the dailies. Lucy won't beat Salt domestic, OS, or WW.

Posted Image

Love the Dame but let's keep in mind that Lucy cost 40M while Salt cost 110M. Also, the fact that Lucy is a Luc Besson movie means it has a better chance at finding an appreciative audience years down the line. 

People are not going to like a movie just because there is marvel's name behind it.

Some people hate the X-Men movies because of the Fox name (I've argued with them before), so I think the opposite can happen here. But that would be a minority in the fanboys I would think.

I like Marvel, but I know nothing about Guardians. No, Marvel did not draw me in. I initially thought it was a dumb idea. The vibrant colors and the gun welding raccoon did. It could be DC's GotG or Nickelodeon Movies GotG or Screen Gems' GotG and I'd still be just as hype. Marvels name just builds the awareness, that doesnt mean people are going to wet their pants just because its Marvel. They sure wet their pants with Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 and TIH huh? Thor wasnt mediocre, IM2 wasnt a snorefest, and the twist was the best twist evaaa in IM3, becasue its MARVEL. Okay.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Layoff Baumer. Everyone has their own opinion. He didn't like it. Get over it.It's got a 92% on RT. Baumer is in the 8%. It happens.

Are you serious? Nobody is picking on Baumer and we all respect his opinion. He is the one throwing stones at people who liked it. Get your facts straight.

• Like 7

Love the Dame but let's keep in mind that Lucy cost 40M while Salt cost 110M. Also, the fact that Lucy is a Luc Besson movie means it has a better chance at finding an appreciative audience years down the line. 

I'm rooting for Lucy, it's a fun movie. I just don't want it to beat Salt. :D

• Like 1

I like Marvel, but I know nothing about Guardians. No, Marvel did not draw me in. I initially thought it was a dumb idea. The vibrant colors and the gun welding raccoon did. It could be DC's GotG or Nickelodeon Movies GotG or Screen Gems' GotG and I'd still be just as hype.Marvels name just builds the awareness, that doesnt mean people are going to wet their pants just because its Marvel. They sure wet their pants with Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 and TIH huh? Thor wasnt mediocre, IM2 wasnt a snorefest, and the twist was the best twist evaaa in IM3, becasue its MARVEL. Okay.

IM not really happy for this film. I saw the trailer and im just like eh. Im see it tomorrow tho . wanna see the hype

Yet Lucy is R rated and a much better movie.Jolie is trash, admit it. Garbage, just like Angie#TeamAniston2k14

I'm sure you will watch Aniston's movie which will directly goes to DVD this August. 

And Salt just came from Inception juggernaut.  :P

Layoff Baumer. Everyone has their own opinion. He didn't like it. Get over it.It's got a 92% on RT. Baumer is in the 8%. It happens.

he is the one who says shit like nobody would like it if it wasn't Marvel. lol. He wants people to lay on him. 

• Like 5

IM not really happy for this film. I saw the trailer and im just like eh. Im see it tomorrow tho . wanna see the hype

Aw come on Dragon. Glad to see you're giving it a shot though.