Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I mean own overall not just opening weekends :) (Nolan trilogy yes, the rest not so much)

Well if they started having more confidence in their properties and stopped with the studio meddling, maybe it will happen.

• Like 1

:worthy: :worthy: ==== Outcome of Avengers 2 and Sws vs Avatar 2

Avatar 2 obviously still hasn't had the time to hype itself yet but I honestly doubt it'll be as big as the original. I have no idea worldwide cause movies always increase worldwide but in the US at least Avatar is essentially the forgotten franchise. It was huge when it came out due to some novelties like the 3D and James Cameron finally returning to the big screen but it faded away super fast and although getting good reviews nobody even really remembers it. 

Can't really talk about Star Wars since it hasn't been hyped yet either and it has been even LONGER since the prequels plus those were sort of hated. 

I'd give The Avengers a better shot at winning domestic between these 3 since it continues to maintain hype through the constant high quality movies every year and the fact that it's the "big franchise" currently. 

Avatar is locked to be the biggest overseas though. No way it could fall from 2 billion to lower than avengers 2 or star wars 7

• Like 1

I agree with that. I was actually when they pushed back DOJ release date. At least hopefully they won't try to make it feel rushed.

Dude I was so nervous like you when at first they wanted a  2014-2015 release.. Whew  Pokea...

Looks like more seasoned minds, hold the fuk on... This has to be the even movie of the decade in the Comic Book film world.

:D.. I love how the writer of Argo is also on the project with Goyer now :). YES TW!!

• Like 2

Avatar 2 obviously still hasn't had the time to hype itself yet but I honestly doubt it'll be as big as the original. I have no idea worldwide cause movies always increase worldwide but in the US at least Avatar is essentially the forgotten franchise. It was huge when it came out due to some novelties like the 3D and James Cameron finally returning to the big screen but it faded away super fast and although getting good reviews nobody even really remembers it. 

Can't really talk about Star Wars since it hasn't been hyped yet either and it has been even LONGER since the prequels plus those were sort of hated. 

I'd give The Avengers a better shot at winning domestic between these 3 since it continues to maintain hype through the constant high quality movies every year and the fact that it's the "big franchise" currently. 

Avatar is locked to be the biggest overseas though. No way it could fall from 2 billion to lower than avengers 2 or star wars 7

40+mil units sold Kill far bigger than avengers with 20+M units WW sold and billions in merchandise.

And Avatar 2 has an emotional and spirtual connection to fans....

So I think the domestic gap will be huge over Avengers 2, but yep Avengers only place to keep the ass whooping

normal will be the domestic range. Though I have Avatar 2 at 840M domestic, vs Avengers 590M

I think Guardians and folks love for critters than can fight will give TMNT a bigger boost.

I think 60-69M is likely.. But it could go much higher.

How about a 95m OW and then an 85% drop to something around 4.2 for Monday? (It can have a mighty 100% jump on Tuesday after that, I don't care).

Make it happen, box office gods!

Posted Image

• Like 3

I'll go ahead and say 61M for turtles because I'm being hopeful.I'm crossing my fingers for it to cross 150M domestic

Focus your mind on it all week... I think Turtles got a brand new bag and the director needs a nice breakout film.

And hey he directed battle of Los Angeles.. I definitely loved that one.

Dude I was so nervous like you when at first they wanted a  2014-2015 release.. Whew  Pokea...

Looks like more seasoned minds, hold the fuk on... This has to be the even movie of the decade in the Comic Book film world.

:D.. I love how the writer of Argo is also on the project with Goyer now :). YES TW!!

Chris Terrio is a newbie, but he brings more of my confidence towards the project.

• Like 1

Just looked at TMNT directors track record and its very bad IMDb scoresBattle Los Angeles 5.8Wrath of the Titans 5.8Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5.8Darkness Falls 4.9Killing Room 5.8

I actually find 3 of those films underrated (Texas Chainsaw, Darkness Fall, Killing Room) and 2 utterly crap. (Battle Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans.)

JUST WANTED TO SAY

(if I haven't already been quoted and teased)

That I deserve the crowfest. (Something I haven't heard in awhile!) for the comments I had made earlier about jumping the gun and how this was still going to be frontloaded and etc etc.

Amazing to finally see a movie, original at that, and out of nowhere come in and fuck things up. Hopefully there are legs on this thing. Kind of wish it was distributed by Paramount or another studio though.

• Like 2