Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

:WHATanabe:

I do this every once in a while

I look at three things (big openers of 2014, biggest August openers ever, and MCU movies), and find out the weekend multiplier (aka what percentage the OD was for those opening days). Then I figure out what Guardians would make if it followed those multipliers

Erm, how do we know this?

Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm? Whoever that kid is who they got to play Reed? The dude playing Dr. Doom? I can honestly say the casting sucks and my conscious is utterly clear of any racism. If you can't even get the cast right, and couple that with how it's an 11th hour attempt to keep FF's rights, then there was no care taken in producing the film, IMO.

The last time an FF film was made just to keep the rights it didn't go all that great...

Posted Image

• Like 1

Say what you will about FOX but I think it's really cool that FANTASTIC FOUR wrapped production and we don't have a single plot detail or a set image or whatever leaves fanboys and fangirls frothing at the mouth. 

What? It did?

• Like 1

Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm? Whoever that kid is who they got to play Reed? The dude playing Dr. Doom? I can honestly say the casting sucks and my conscious is utterly clear of any racism. If you can't even get the cast right, and couple that with how it's an 11th hour attempt to keep FF's rights, then there was no care taken in producing the film, IMO.

The last time an FF film was made just to keep the rights it didn't go all that great...

Posted Image

Is this for real. I have no clue about comicbook history but that looks goddamn awful :rofl:

• Like 1

Well Fox or people say Bryan Singer saved the X-Men Franchise for themselves maybe they can do the same for the Fantastic Four. Also I had no idea Marvel got the Ghost Rider rights back.

I think I read that Sony relinquished the rights after the bad sequel.

• Like 1

I do this every once in a while

I look at three things (big openers of 2014, biggest August openers ever, and MCU movies), and find out the weekend multiplier (aka what percentage the OD was for those opening days). Then I figure out what Guardians would make if it followed those multipliers

Maybe you should lead with that explanation next time. :P

• Like 1

Is this for real. I have no clue about comicbook history but that looks goddamn awful :rofl:

And it came out the same year as Jurassic Park.

It even has CGI(The Torch). I can't link to it, although I'd imagine the bootlegged copy is basically public domain by now since the studio that produced went belly up years ago.

• Like 2

Weekend multipliers:

The LEGO Movie - 150.7M

Rush Hour 2 - 110.3M

Signs - 108.8M

Maleficent - 108M

The Bourne Ultimatum - 106.2M

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 106.1M

American Pie 2 - 103.5M

Thor: The Dark World - 101.6M

Iron Man - 99.7M

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 99.3M

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - 98.7M

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 98.5M

Rush Hour 3 - 97.9M

The Incredible Hulk - 97.6M

Thor - 97.5M

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 97.3M

XXX - 97.2M

The Avengers - 97M

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 96.7M

Captain America: The First Avenger - 95.7M

Iron Man 3 - 95.6M

Iron Man 2 - 94.5M

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - 92.1M

Godzilla - 91.7M

Divergent - 90.6M

Transformers: Age of Extinction: 90.3M

22 Jump Street - 85.8M

TF4 multiplier would be enough for me. 

• Like 2

TF4 multiplier would be enough for me. 

It's not going to come close to TDW's multi since that movie came out while kids were in school so it really needed 40m to get to 100m+ I think. But, you never know.

• Like 1

It's not going to come close to TDW's multi since that movie came out while kids were in school so it really needed 40m to get to 100m+ I think. But, you never know.

Thor 2 multiplier is locked not to happen. Best case scenario is GI Joe, IMO. 

• Like 1

I think this will be more frontloaded than I initially thought.

On OW, but I think it will have decent legs for a comic book film to get 220m+. Cap 2 is probably not gonna happen. Remember the original Cap and Thor both opened to similar weekends, but Cap made less than Thor(Even though most seem to say it was a better film). I think that was due to being released mid summer(more competition).

• Like 1

And it came out the same year as Jurassic Park. It even has CGI(The Torch). I can't link to it, although I'd imagine the bootlegged copy is basically public domain by now since the studio that produced went belly up years ago.

I believe it was Roger Corman who produced it
  • Like 2

Posted Image

AA, I'm so weary of fans bitching about casting that I simply can't accept mere casting choices as evidence that the production's creative team "doesn't care".
  • Like 4