Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Disney knew this was going to be big.They announced a sequel before the opening and state that the Guardians will be back right before the credits.I wonder how accurate their internal tracking was or are they as surprised as everyone else.

The announced $60m this week which I thought meant they probably had it pegged at $70m since they like to low ball - more than enough to launch a series.  I think how big it opened surprised them a bit.

• Like 1

The Marvel mold is the Disney TV mold. You've got a set audience, made sure you don't go over budget and you're basically set. If the movie breaks out, even better, but they don't need it to.

When will you see it, Tele? Or do you plan to?

Between Lantern and MOS I'm frightened to see another DC movie.

Maybe one of there movies announced will be good. DC is usually really bad or really good. They do not know any middle ground. I hope there Sandman is good sounds like a different concept with dreams that could be cool if done right. The rest movies sound lame and trying to be like a Marvel copy cat. 

If GOTG makes more than TASM2 domestically, I will change my username and avatar to Raccoons Dine on Arachnids in Hell!™ (Old joke). ;)

Since I have every confidence it will happen...I'm a man of my word(As much as I could with the character limits) . ;)

• Like 7

Between Lantern and MOS I'm frightened to see another DC movie.

MOS is okay. Bullshit characterizations but it has its bright moments. Green Lantern though :rofl:

Maybe one of there movies announced will be good. DC is usually really bad or really good. They do not know any middle ground. I hope there Sandman is good sounds like a different concept with dreams that could be cool if done right. The rest movies sound lame and trying to be like a Marvel copy cat. 

People really need to make up their minds, are DC doing the opposite of the Marvel approach or being Marvel copycats. They can't be both at the same time.

Warner Brother will announce on Monday Green Lantern actually made 150m dollar more dollars than origallny expect, The account that made this mistake, no longer works with the company. Green Lantern is now the highest grossing comic book movie to be set in space." 

And pigs will be in space by Thursday.

Ha, ha!

I should have time after next Tuesday. There's a small chance I'll see it tomorrow.

Will you see it with Tele Jr.? You should. Go out and watch it. Then come back here to lecture us with your usual MCU movies analysis. I need them.

The Marvel mold is the Disney TV mold. You've got a set audience, made sure you don't go over budget and you're basically set. If the movie breaks out, even better, but they don't need it to.

No this is not true. Disney goes over budget with Lone Ranger, John Carter.  Disney is the best studio to ask for money. They will give it to you if they think they can sell toys off your idea. Wachowski should go to Disney from now on to get there blockbusters made. Who does not want half wolf tatum action figure. Disney would totally be on board with that. 

People really need to make up their minds, are DC doing the opposite of the Marvel approach or being Marvel copycats. They can't be both at the same time.

Making fun movies isn't copying Marvel. Trying to anti-Marvel and pretending to act all like their films are dark and brooding is lame though.