Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

What a sad day at the box office. A ridiculously hokie film makes bank.  Somewhere, Douglas Fairbanks is weeping in his grave.  I seriously can't believe so many like this film.  It's just so bland and incredibly silly.

Ah, this is the Baumer I know :lol:
  • Like 1

What a sad day at the box office. A ridiculously hokie film makes bank.  Somewhere, Douglas Fairbanks is weeping in his grave.  I seriously can't believe so many like this film.  It's just so bland and incredibly silly.

And Transformers is serious business. :P

• Like 1

If the rest of us have had to sit through THREE horrid TF sequels making huge bank, then you can ride out this one Baumer. I haven't been able to see it yet but honestly I'm surprised you're so avidly against it. The marketing made it look like something I would think was right up your alley.

• Like 1

If the rest of us have had to sit through THREE horrid TF sequels making huge bank, then you can ride out this one Baumer. I haven't been able to see it yet but honestly I'm surprised you're so avidly against it. The marketing made it look like something I would think was right up your alley.

I don't have an alley.  I like anything and can dislike anything.

Lucy is bat shit crazy and really messed up but its not as bat shit crazy and silly as GOTG.

OK, are you yanking our chains and really did like it? Because now you're quoting Rocket lines. <_<

• Like 1

I am Groot. 

GOTG is either a beautiful homage to ANH or a straight up rip off of it.  Groot and Raccoon are 100% Han and Chewy.

• Like 1

Based on what I do know you like though, again seemed up your alley to me...

Except you do tend to love to go the polar opposite way of critical consensus, so I guess that fits.

I just like what I like.  I don't think there is a certain type of film that appeals to more than another.  I can like Amour and Rambo III both the same.  

What a sad day at the box office. A ridiculously hokie film makes bank. Somewhere, Douglas Fairbanks is weeping in his grave. I seriously can't believe so many like this film. It's just so bland and incredibly silly.

Wait, did another twilight sequel come out or TF4 get released again yesterday?
  • Like 2