Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Except.... it isn't any of those things.

Basically at this point anything that's not a sequel will be called "original". I've seen people describing Fault and Edge and even Ninja Turtles as original

• Like 3

What a sad day at the box office. A ridiculously hokie film makes bank. Somewhere, Douglas Fairbanks is weeping in his grave. I seriously can't believe so many like this film. It's just so bland and incredibly silly.

Bland is so incredible far from the word I would use to describe this movie.
  • Like 2

Basically at this point anything that's not a sequel will be called "original". I've seen people describing Fault and Edge and even Ninja Turtles as original

Fault is as close to original as it gets.

I know I get flack for this but it just seems like anything Marvel shovels out there, the masses love.  I don't understand what was so great about GOTG.  It just seemed so generic and like many other films.  Sorry, I know that's not the popular thing to say, but it seems to be true.  If Marvel's name wasn't on this most of you would ignore it....imo.

Well, the thing is, it's an obscure property even to comic book readers. So it wouldn't even got made and known to the masses if not by Marvel. So it goes both ways. The brand name might got GA interested, but like it or not, that is after they watch it.

Originality in Hollywood is as good as dead and I have just kind of accepted it is probably never coming back.

• Like 2

Hope you don't mean me either, bb.

And if yes, I'll promise I'll change that.

Nah. You'll notice folks who CAN'T STAND being disagreed with. That's who I was talking about

• Like 2

so, well-marketed original movie is what this summer is going for, then...

Maleficent, Lucy, Godzilla, Neighbors... Just hope this one will have good WOM like Maleficent.

Edited by JohnnY

Edge of Tomorrow isn't original? I know they've been alien invasion movies but EOT felt fresh in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Originality in Hollywood is as good as dead and I have just kind of accepted it is probably never coming back.

It is not dead. It is just that original movies are becoming more and more rare.