Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Who cares about RT? This has a 98 on Metacritic. 

I care about RT only because it's useful for predicting the legs. If it gets strong reviews on RT, it will probably have good legs and the good boxoffice result that we all hoped might come eventuallty.

I care about RT only because it's useful for predicting the legs. If it gets strong reviews on RT, it will probably have good legs and the good boxoffice result that we all hoped might come eventuallty.

Both are good, but RT is the most believable source. Metacritic doesn't reveal their rating system.

• Like 1

This is definitely gonna be a hit and Bullock seems to be emerging as the early Actress frontrunner (though I still think it's Blanchett's year). Bullock's career since The Proposal has truly been incredible, both in accolades and commercial.

Still too early, almost all the oscar bait movies are yet to come.

Still too early, almost all the oscar bait movies are yet to come.

Hence why I said "early" frontrunner. Most of the Oscar movies have been screened somewhere at this point and you start hearing heavy award buzz for certain people at this point. Bullock is definitely one of those.

Edited by MovieMan89

Hence why I said "early" frontrunner. Most of the Oscar movies have been screened somewhere at this point and you start hearing heavy award buzz for certain people at this point. Bullock is definitely one of those.

Monuments Men and The Counselor hasn't been screened anywhere.

Its not the highest this year, 'inside Llewyn Davis' is 100 from 8 reviews. 'Gravity' is 98 from 5 reviews.

Those are incredibly small samples. That plus the secretive ratings system makes metacritic suspect in my eyes. Besides, RT gets far more page views and is thus more influential with the public, deservedly or not. 

Those are incredibly small samples. That plus the secretive ratings system makes metacritic suspect in my eyes. Besides, RT gets far more page views and is thus more influential with the public, deservedly or not. 

It deserves very much.

Edited by The Joker
  • Like 1

Would be very interesting if this wins Best Visual Effects at the Oscars, because the budget for Gravity is only 80m, and the last time a movie with a less than 100m budget winning that award is The Matrix from 14 years ago.

And of cause, this looks like it had the award in its bag already.