Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Digged the movie. I liked the sentimental touches. Here they worked, unlike in Elysium. And when the music soars you go "oh, yeah, that's pretty awesome". Unfortunately, i couldn't enjoy the 3D because the 3D sucks in our theaters lately, crosstalk galore. Incompetent fuckers! And they wonder why 3D is losing steam in some corners...

• Like 2

Can you please describe in spoiler tags. I like to prepare for such scenes

You see a guy with a huge hole in his head, basically the whole face is gone. And the camera lingers on him for quite some time.

Edited by Elessar

Unsurprisingly, I loved it. The sound system at my theater really made the experience. My floor is going as a group tonight (I couldn't wait until today) and I mightttttt go again. But I'm a starving college student so IDK.

Unsurprisingly, I loved it. The sound system at my theater really made the experience. My floor is going as a group tonight (I couldn't wait until today) and I mightttttt go again. But I'm a starving college student so IDK.

Where'd you go?

Just because they needed another space station thus fast forwarded time for a few years doesn't make it sci-fi.

Like I said elsewhere: the movie takes place in the near future, positing a scenario where NASA still flies the space shuttle (it's mission STS-157; the last shuttle mission was STS-135), and where China has completed their space station (thus placing the time period in the 2020s). Therefore, it's not just in the future, it's in a alternative future where the shuttle program is still active (and thus the US manned space program is more vibrant and alive than it is today). How is this not science fiction? 

Like I said elsewhere: the movie takes place in the near future, positing a scenario where NASA still flies the space shuttle (it's mission STS-157; the last shuttle mission was STS-135), and where China has completed their space station (thus placing the time period in the 2020s). Therefore, it's not just in the future, it's in a alternative future where the shuttle program is still active (and thus the US manned space program is more vibrant and alive than it is today). How is this not science fiction? 

I didn't know any of this.  For the layman like me, this is just a really fantastic film about shit going wrong in space.

• Like 1