Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

Like I said elsewhere: the movie takes place in the near future, positing a scenario where NASA still flies the space shuttle (it's mission STS-157; the last shuttle mission was STS-135), and where China has completed their space station (thus placing the time period in the 2020s). Therefore, it's not just in the future, it's in a alternative future where the shuttle program is still active (and thus the US manned space program is more vibrant and alive than it is today). How is this not science fiction?

It's 2013, so sandra bullock today is 7 years younger? Nice!

The last very wide opener got a 10x multi was Miss Congeniality, in 2000. It's unlikely to ever happen again.

LOL.  Shatner was great in MC - the ham.  I have to watch that movie again.  Especially the last 20 minutes. :D

• Like 1

More insight later, but 10/10, A+, 4 stars, etc. the final 4 minutes were the most moving, thrilling, and intense i have ever witnessed from any movie. Sandra brought down the house. And for a 5:30 showing it was full, maybe 2/3 women, mainly over 25, but all races i saw. All smiles and releaving breathes once the credits rolled. That was better than any rollercoaster ive ridden, what a great bday present.

• Like 6

More insight later, but 10/10, A+, 4 stars, etc. the final 4 minutes were the most moving, thrilling, and intense i have ever witnessed from any movie. Sandra brought down the house. And for a 5:30 showing it was full, maybe 2/3 women, mainly over 25, but all races i saw. All smiles and releaving breathes once the credits rolled. That was better than any rollercoaster ive ridden, what a great bday present.

How was the IMAX-3D on your eyes/head?

How was the IMAX-3D on your eyes/head?

Good! I ate a meal before and i kept some Advil in my pocket, but we got there early so i was able to get a good seat away from the screen. At Avatar i literally had to sit 2nd row. And the cinematography was very swift and not jerky/shaky and the 3D was smooth so i didnt have any motion problems. The glasses were comfortable too. I feel completely fine now standing in Target hah, so it was worth it! Thanks for asking. Edited by Twerkdrew
  • Like 2

looks like the best reviewed english language film post 1995 based on no. of reviews, average rating, and Tomato-meter.

although a few movies are same tomatometer, none have an average better than 9.1/10 with min. 200 reviews.

there are some higher RT wise, but they are foreign films.

in its genre of "sci fi" (arguments aside), it is approx. equal with alien, aliens, 2001, ET , so this will go down as an all time classic.

Edited by Halba

Gravity can be all the hot shit now, making insane money, kicking Hunger's ass and winning all the Oscars, but come January, there'll be another king on the block...

as you can see in my newly customized profile.

Edited by I Frankenshay
  • Like 2