Mojoguy

Tuesday Numbers: GOTG 12, Lucy 2.6, Herc 1.6 (Rth) DBZ 1.07

No. The percentage of women and children would have dropped for sure if the most prominent female character was dressed like that.

What's funny is that there was a naked back scene with Gamora in the second trailer. But it is no where to be seen in the movie. I guess they cut it.

We still got the pointless shirtless scene with Starlord though. Also Drax walks about shirtless. Rocket got a naked scene, though still covered by fur. Also Groot was technically naked the entire movie. :rofl:

• Like 1

What's funny is that there was a naked back scene with Gamora in the second trailer. But it is no where to be seen in the movie. I guess they cut it.

We still got the pointless shirtless scene with Starlord though. Also Drax walks about shirtless. Rocket got a naked scene, though still covered by fur. Also Groot was technically naked the entire movie. :rofl:

They shouldn't have cut that.  But then there were many scenes cut as well.  We can see it easily.

• Like 1

But it would gain more men and young boys and more to compensate for the loss.

Wrong again. Women and families are the highest movie-going demographics right now. If you repulse a large chunk out of both of those groups, your movies stand a much smaller chance of breaking out.

• Like 5

Wrong again. Women and families are the highest movie-going demographics right now. If you repulse a large chunk out of both of those groups, your movies stand a much smaller chance of breaking out.

But the men, think of the men!!!

• Like 1

Not a fan of the character, but her new costume is much better in my opinion.

Posted Image

So Gamora stole her new clothes from a stormtrooper? :ph34r:

I like the first picture for how sexy she is, but I admit it would be silly for her to wear it while fighting villains.

The movie clothes Gamora wears is probably the best.

• Like 2

I think they decided to cut it to avoid another Alice Eve STID situation.

What situation?  There was no situation I saw in that movie.  Do people complain about a half naked green chick in the first Star Trek remake?  Nope.

• Like 1

Hey, Disney got away with Ariel in a bikini clam top for 2/3 of the Little Mermaid. Though I guess that wouldn't fly anymore these days! :P

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 4

What situation?  There was no situation I saw in that movie.  Do people complain about a half naked green chick in the first Star Trek remake?  Nope.

Coz that character was blink and you miss it, not the female lead like Gamora in GotG. Though a lot of people did complain about the Uhura undressing/pervy peeping tom Kirk scene from that movie as well.

• Like 1

Coz that character was blink and you miss it, not the female lead like Gamora in GotG. Though a lot of people did complain about the Uhura undressing/pervy peeping tom Kirk scene from that movie as well.

So what if she was just supporting just like Uhura was in first movie and taking some parts of her clothes.  That didn't ruin the movie.  Course the second one the complaint was the story and less about half naked woman.

• Like 1

I fight against that type of thinking.   I might even call it being spoiled.   We frequently get used to good things and take them for granted.   I'm not going to forget one week ago when GotG was looking to take in 65m OW.   Seems a huge waste to quickly dismiss what it is doing and start calling it "expected".

The key word being 'one week ago'. We can't just keep the same expectation regardless of what reality has turned out to be. The movie has already broken out based on the weekend number and Sunday hold. At what point do we adjust our expectation according to the new evidence or we're going to act surprised every time the big number come up as if it's so 'unexpected'.

Nobody predicted TA to open that high but once it flow over everyone's expectation with such out of this world WOM did people surprise it had such spectacular run after that?

Why do people still comment on Godzilla's leg then when in fact the total has surpassed the pre-release prediction? That's because we adjusted our expectation once it opened way bigger than the tracking. 

I didn't dismiss it's success, I only pointed out that it passed the point to play that underdog card. I didn't expect it to be this big but after the weekend I have no doubt about it now.

• Like 1

Hey, Disney got away with Ariel in a bikini clam top for 2/3 of the Little Mermaid. Though I guess that wouldn't fly anymore these days! :P

That's because Glen Keane is a master at blending wholesomeness and sexiness. The major characters he designed, Ariel, Pocahontas, Aladdin and Tarzan (and even Beast lol) show ample skin but he made them look adorable or cool for kids. Too bad Disney couldn't hold onto him longer.

Posted Image

• Like 1

That's because Glen Keane is a master at blending wholesomeness and sexiness. The major characters he designed, Ariel, Pocahontas, Aladdin and Tarzan (and even Beast lol) show ample skin but he made them look adorable or cool for kids. Too bad Disney couldn't hold onto him longer.

Meet the Disney Princesses and their updated new versions :ph34r:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

The key word being 'one week ago'. We can't just keep the same expectation regardless of what reality has turned out to be. The movie has already broken out based on the weekend number and Sunday hold. At what point do we adjust our expectation according to the new evidence or we're going to act surprised every time the big number come up as if it's so 'unexpected'.

At this point, I think it is best to start tracking GOTG against TWS. This new movie with unknown characters is going to make around TWS's DOM numbers, which is pretty crazy considered how popular Captain American became with the Avengers boost. :o

• Like 1