baumer

Into the Storm (2014)

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Well...this was great! It had great special effects, plus emotion, which all disaster movies need. From Godzilla to Twister to Independence Day to Armageddon to Cloverfield to 2012, these films shine their best when they have their characters converse, help each other out, etc...it's great to see people working together to save others lives!

• Like 3

The special effects where decent, not as good as Twister at the time it came out, this was the on time I hated the hand held camera view, I did like the interesting angles and point a view, and some exciting action sequences, but there was only one good actress, most of the time the acting was pretty bad, and there were a couple of times when a character actions didn't match their MO, felt like a made for tv movie. 4/10 or D+

From this

Well...this was great! It had great special effects, plus emotion, which all disaster movies need. From Godzilla to Twister to Independence Day to Armageddon to Cloverfield to 2012, these films shine their best when they have their characters converse, help each other out, etc...it's great to see people working together to save others lives!

Immediately followed by this

Fucking awful.

:lol: :lol:
  • Like 10

I'm not sure if this is the best film of the summer yet but it might be.  This is the reason I go to the movies.  I love to be entertained and this shocked me.  The effects were brilliant and the storm carnage was devastating.  There are some very touching and moving moments as well.  There's one scene where Donnie and Kaitlyn are stuck in the debris and they are close to death.  They film their good-byes to their family and that scene had me choked up.  Very well done.  From the time the first storm hits to the last frame of the film, it's a 10/10.  What brings it down to a 9 is that the beginning is a little off.  I didn't care for the you-tube thrill seekers and the father son angle was a little distracting also.  But the plot devices pay off later in the film as the mother who passed away comes into play (not her as a character,but her story).

I caught myself uttering the words "woah" and "no way" throughout the film.  And then at the end, I clapped.  Had to.  Truly blown away by this film.

9/10

• Like 3

Wow what you rate this movie Captain.. Is worth full price or Matinee? :)?

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is the best film of the summer yet but it might be.  This is the reason I go to the movies.  I love to be entertained and this shocked me.  The effects were brilliant and the storm carnage was devastating.  There are some very touching and moving moments as well.  There's one scene where Donnie and Kaitlyn are stuck in the debris and they are close to death.  They film their good-byes to their family and that scene had me choked up.  Very well done.  From the time the first storm hits to the last frame of the film, it's a 10/10.  What brings it down to a 9 is that the beginning is a little off.  I didn't care for the you-tube thrill seekers and the father son angle was a little distracting also.  But the plot devices pay off later in the film as the mother who passed away comes into play (not her as a character,but her story).

I caught myself uttering the words "woah" and "no way" throughout the film.  And then at the end, I clapped.  Had to.  Truly blown away by this film.

9/10

Damn if its that good , we need to really sprread the word to friends that its a winner. Didnt know

the effects where so good Baum.

• Like 1

I really wish the marketing had been better, and the reviews to be honest. If Day After Tomorrow can manage a 45 on rotten tomatoes, so should this. After seeing it, I truly believe that this could have hit 20M+ if people weren't put off by the negative reviews and bland marketing... 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the best film of the summer yet but it might be.  This is the reason I go to the movies.  I love to be entertained and this shocked me.  The effects were brilliant and the storm carnage was devastating.  There are some very touching and moving moments as well.  There's one scene where Donnie and Kaitlyn are stuck in the debris and they are close to death.  They film their good-byes to their family and that scene had me choked up.  Very well done.  From the time the first storm hits to the last frame of the film, it's a 10/10.  What brings it down to a 9 is that the beginning is a little off.  I didn't care for the you-tube thrill seekers and the father son angle was a little distracting also.  But the plot devices pay off later in the film as the mother who passed away comes into play (not her as a character,but her story). I caught myself uttering the words "woah" and "no way" throughout the film.  And then at the end, I clapped.  Had to.  Truly blown away by this film. 9/10

First ninja turtles and now this? You have truly let yourself go Baumer ;)
  • Like 3

What baumer's really trying to say here is that he hates movies.

Have you seen it yet?  I know you'll hate it because it's for some reason not a Gopher movie (meaning it's entertaining) but I'd like to see what you think.

• Like 3

If you watch and review Only Lovers Left Alive then I'll find a way to see Into the Storm. Dealio? 

If I can find it and get to it in Toronto, deal.  But the difference is I like movies like that as well.   :)

It's on HV...ok, not problem...I'll get it.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

One of about 57 reasons this movie failed for me is that almost all the characters were either so bland or so unlikable that I actually rooted for the tornadoes to kill them in the most painful ways possible... and in the end, something like 80% of these fuckers stayed alive.

• Like 1

I caught myself uttering the words "woah" and "no way" throughout the film.  And then at the end, I clapped.  Had to.  

Truly blown away by this film.

9/10

lol 

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3