filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Yeah...... I don't think they were supposed to look pretty, more realistic looking for sure, I'm a big fan of the Nickelodeon cartoon, but I love how they look in the movie & the CG is really top notch, only saw clips & featurettes for now, but they're as distinct from one another as they should be, and are incredibly expressive. 

Edited by RonSwanson
  • Like 3

I can't believe those ugly-looking turtles are overperforming. Let's go Guardians!

I can't believe a movie with a stupid talking raccoon and a dumb ass tree is making so much money.  Go Turtles!

• Like 1

Good for TMNT and for GOTG!  TMNT may have better legs than we think because it's much more kid-friendly than GOTG.  GOTG is an teenager-adult movie disguised as a kid flick.

If my nephew is any indication of legs this movie is going to drop like a rock next weekend. He didn't like it at all. Thinks the Nick cartoon version is way better.

Bummer for Guardians number going down, but that was expected (Seriously, that early Nikki 'estimate' was ridiculous). Now drop exactly 54.2% for the weekend and I'll be happy. Bummer that Turtles went up, this is a huge blow to my campaign that Liebesman never gets to helm another big-budget movie :( Also, my BSG :(

• Like 3