Blackout

Thursday #s: GOTG 7.6m

Saw it opening day in IMAX....so i can express true feelings for it.  

It would need about a 75% jump that.

I see it more like:

42M....55% drop.

I would be happy with anything close to TWS weekend, its already up a good ~18m on it and that gap will widen with following weekdays

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Then GOTG opening weekend # would have reported as $83.4m which sounds less impressive than $94.6m and T4 couldn't have even fudged it's way to a $100m w/e.  They all play by the same rules.

yes, but the rules change over time to make  OWs more impressive than they really are

If most movies start Thursday, why not have a 4 day weekend like for instance in Germany?

Why keep the illusion that it is only 3 days?

I think they want new No1 movies every weekend.

• Like 1

LUCY took in $1.68M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $88.02M. #Lucy

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  4m

GET ON UP took in $0.80M on Thursday. 7-Day Domestic total stands at $17.91M. #GetOnUp

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES took in $0.74M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $193.43M. #DawnOfApes #PlanetOfTheApes

Lucy -12%

Get on Up -16%

Apes -22%

BIG DROPS

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 3

Marvel's so "winning" atm. For the haters, that's a hard motherf**king fact of life. But it's a fact their asses will have to get realistic about. Marvel took a silly-looking, relatively unknown property, about a machine gun-wielding raccoon and a monosyllabic tree, and turned it into what might become a Transformers-beater. I mean, how the f**k can you hate on that??

Except I'm not hating on Marvel.  I'm just expressing that I did not like GOTG.  Sorry if that bothers you.  I have stated on many occasions that Marvel is God like right now and they are basically Midas at this point.  But I am allowed to dislike something that others like.  Or is that against your rules?

• Like 3

Which is entirely possible.

Give me another movie in the last 10 years beside Apes that did that on its second weekend in August.  

• Like 1

Purge with 0.52m -26%

So It Goes with 0.34m -19%

All these drops are horrid

They probably, like other more than 2 week old films lost evening screens last night not just showings or being moved to smaller screens.  Just an early jump on what they're going to lose on Friday.

• Like 1

There were people in the Wednesday thread talking about a SUB 50% drop for GOT, even though they knew that 11 mill of the weekend number is from Thursday.  Now this 7.6 brings it down to reality.  and when it increases less than 65%, that reality will be in their face.  :)

• Like 1

There were people in the Wednesday thread talking about a SUB 50% drop for GOT, even though they knew that 11 mill of the weekend number is from Thursday.  Now this 7.6 brings it down to reality.  and when it increases less than 65%, that reality will be in their face.  :)

I would still be happy with 40.
  • Like 1

Well the last time Thursday was this shit, 2nd weekend for Apes which had 3 new wide openers, everything rebounded extremely strongly on Friday with big 60-85% increases. Heres hoping because the box office could use another good weekend

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

There were people in the Wednesday thread talking about a SUB 50% drop for GOT, even though they knew that 11 mill of the weekend number is from Thursday.  Now this 7.6 brings it down to reality.  and when it increases less than 65%, that reality will be in their face.   :)

Just like how Thursday night previews are counted towards the weekend for every movie this summer.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Just like how Thursday night previews are counted towards the weekend for every movie this summer.

Posted Image

You're making my point for me.  Thank you for illustrating it even further.

• Like 1

HERCULES took in $0.89M on Thursday. Domestic total now stands at $57.76M. #Hercules

Down 23%

I thought Herc would be this years RIPD.  It looks like it will make about 65-70 mill, not great but not the complete bomb I thought it would be.

• Like 1