Johnny Wiseau

films you love but everyone else hates

To be fair, it wasn't strong.  It opened to 200 mill in 5 days and made 400...not that great.  But it did sell 10 million DVD's so again, it wasn't that hated.

For some unknown reason I own it on DVD, I still can't figure out how that ended up happening. 

To be fair, it wasn't strong.  It opened to 200 mill in 5 days and made 400...not that great.  But it did sell 10 million DVD's so again, it wasn't that hated.

Didn't transformers earn about 50% of its total gross on its opening week as well?

For me, that's Pixar movies and GOTG

me too..Pixar makes dull movies..UP was the only one that was "watchable"..and I'd rather cook my eyes in a fucking frying pan than watching Wall-E again..ew

marvel mostly is shit I wholeheartedly agree..whenever they announce a new movie I just roll my eyes they flip 180 degrees..the fact that shit like GOTG is rated 8.7 and it's in the top 30 something on IMDB is pathetic

I might also add..the Hangover,Ted..& Seth Rogen movies..how does this guy get any work at all?

yeah mostly all these R rated buddy comedies..sans Tropic Thunder..it's epic

and Nolan is overrated as fuck..I think I'm that guy who people call a hipster because I always express my hate for movies that are well liked by the GA..but in reality I just think they suck lol 

Edited by Johnny Wiseau

I never really got the hate for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Yeah, it's nowhere near as brilliant as the book, but it's fun in its own rights. The same could be said for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake in 2005.

Also, every film in the originial Spy Kids trilgy (1-3) is totally fun.

• Like 3

Hitchhiker's is fun, my dad and I will watch it if we catch it on TV. Martin Freeman is a great Arthur Dent, and Alan Rickman was awesome as the voice of Marvin. (His voice is the voice I will hear in my head whenever I read the books again.)I will say that Spy Kids 1 is not in any way a bad movie. Based on his performance as Floop, I think Alan Cumming would have made a better Willy Wonka than Johnny Depp did. (Unlike you, I didn't care for the Charlie remake - I liked the IDEA of Burton adpting Dahl, but it didn't work for me. Johnny Depp playing Willy Wonka as Michael Jackson was way, WAY too on-the-nose for me - especially considering tha ths wasn't long after the second round of child molestation accusations...)But anyway, Cumming as Floop already feels Burton-esque - for crying out loud, Danny Elfman wrote his theme song! Also, for some reason, the Fooglies actually creep me out MORE as an adult than they did when I first saw it 13 years ago.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1