kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

tbh and tbf, none of us know how to predict. We all suck and are wrong more than right. I thought Imagine That would open to $16M, it opened to $4M. I still kick myself over it, but knowing everyone else is wrong 99% of the time as well always makes me feel better. 

Everyone, let B have his cathartic moment. Because we all know where this is going in the end.

GOTG by 100m. :P

And I have never once said anything but positive things about GOTG and its box office.  It's too bad the insecure Marvel loonies can't do the same foer Turtles.  All I've read since the midnight number for Turtles is how GOTG is going to beat it on Friday, then the weekend, then how it will do better numbers for the weekdays and then how it will beat Turtles this weekend and how Turtles will fall 65%.  Well, they were wrong in every single instance.  

• Like 7

I'm not one to gloat but when someone flat out tells me that they are right and then they make shit up to try and prove their point, disregarding the examples I give, well, then, they deserve to be called out.

I was defending TMNT yesterday, but this is fair to call out in this instance.

So will EX3 even beat out Let's Be Cops? Hope so...

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

narniadis, on 15 Aug 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:Posted Image

Baumer - I will be very surprised if TMNT does 80% - this is the very argument that you were vehemently against last weekend with Guardians. You can't expect the only best case to be the one that it follows when there is no precedent for it. I am using your argument here bro.

And you know me - we agree more often than not and have for years, I just think you are allowing your dislike of Guardians to color everything you are talking about TMNT wise.

*caviat - TMNT will still win the weekend.

But it's later into August now.  I used TDKR as a barometer for GotG last week and it worked out well.

I'm using Planes or Percy Jackson for TMNT.  So from a 4.2 Thurs you get about a 26-27 mill weekend for Turtles.

And I have never once said anything but positive things about GOTG and its box office.  It's too bad the insecure Marvel loonies can't do the same foer Turtles.  All I've read since the midnight number for Turtles is how GOTG is going to beat it on Friday, then the weekend, then how it will do better numbers for the weekdays and then how it will beat Turtles this weekend and how Turtles will fall 65%.  Well, they were wrong in every single instance.  

Kids. Gotta be patient with them. ;)

Posted Image

• Like 2

Eh... I don't think Turtles is bad... but it is a disappointment to me in two respects... firstly that it's not the Turtles I want to see (more inspired by the original, that is) and secondly that it's not more like the current Nick Turtles which is actually really quite entertaining.  I kind of wish they'd either amped it up or toned it down (because it could have been a wonderful PG film with a bit of tooling).

I wish it had been better than just... okay.