kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Well then this is awkward because youre conversating with a 1 year old :lol: Its an old theater with uncomfortable cloth seats, and the aisle runs down the middle, but for its age, the sound and projection systems are up to date. Popcorn actually costs more than a ticket. I still go to the megaplex every now and then (which is relatively cheap), but this theater is a crown jewel that I must mine. $9 for me and my gf? I can actually afford dinner afterwards! The most expensive for an adult 2D night here is $11. The Liemax is $14. The average is $10. The most expensive in the state is probably $16 for RPX at the busiest theater. At home, normal adult its $9, I pay $8 with my student ID. I dont know what I did to deserve these prices, but Im very thankful lol.

Yeah whenever you mention ticket prices in your area I get envious.I spent 16 for EX 3 or .0001% of its weekend gross . :lol: Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 3

I assume it has an open ending? Just asking because it bombed and it will never have a sequel.

Not really.Is there Giver 2 book wise?

Just Googled The Giver movie. The director of the childhood classic Clear and Present Danger, Philip Noyce, made this? This world truly is insane.

The man who discovered Nicole Kidman 25 years ago.True story.

Just Googled The Giver movie. The director of the childhood classic Clear and Present Danger, Philip Noyce, made this? This world truly is insane.

give the guy a break..he had to pay Streep and Bridges and Swift and make a Disutopian setting with a measly 25 mil budget

Edited by Johnny Wiseau

One of those names doesn't fit. I'll leave it to the audience to decide.

I agree. Bridges is box office poison. Next bomb is The Seventh Son. He shouldn't get paid to be in movies.  :ph34r:

Ninja Turtles had a big drop, but the weekend multiplier is very strong. The summer weekdays are winding down, but the next several weeks look quite empty in terms of widely-appealing new fare. It should top at least $175 million, but I could also see it taking advantage of the lean schedule and advancing toward or over $200 million. No matter where it ends up, though, it's a big success.

Guardians of the Galaxy held on well. It has already surpassed Thor: The Dark World's final total, and it's well ahead of The Winter Soldier through the same point thanks to the strong summer weekdays. Like Ninja Turtles, it could ride the emptiness of the schedule close to a milestone gross (in this case, $300 million), but even if it doesn't get there, it's still a massive hit.

Let's Be Cops had a solid opening. It looked like it was in a little bit of trouble after the Thursday drop and the early Friday reports, but the five-day start is definitely a win. It's unlikely to hold on nearly as well as We're the Millers did last year (B CinemaScore vs. Millers' A-), but it seems to be liked well enough to have at least decent legs.

Stick a fork in the Expendables franchise. In retrospect, it was probably unreasonable to expect anything but drops for each installment considering that the novelty of assembling all these stars was a huge part of the original film's appeal. Even with more stars added to the fray, neither installment came anywhere near the same level of advance anticipation, and the decision to go PG-13 this time out (a move that Lionsgate wisely already backed out of once with this franchise) was the final nail in the "meh" coffin. I don't think the leak did much to damage the film; interest seemed to be low enough anyway that it was set up for an underwhelming performance no matter what.

The Giver didn't make much of an impact, but that was to be expected. The decision to make the film more like other big YA adaptation hits just made it look all the more generic.

Into the Storm had a weak hold, as expected. At this rate, it won't match that $50 million budget domestically.

The Hundred-Foot Journey held well, and should continue to do so in lieu of significant competition for older adults.

Lucy has been stabilizing somewhat, and it's still on track to finish about even with Salt's total.

I'm quite happy to see that Boyhood has cracked the top ten. Once again, it's doing really well considering the concept and the scope of its release.

Get On Up has to be one of the more baffling cases of box office failure in recent memory. The reviews are very positive, the movie works as a crowd-pleaser, the advertising was there, and yet it has gotten two consecutive drops in excess of 60 percent. This looked like an easy mid-level hit (if not a breakout), and yet it will be out of theatres within a month. Huh...

Apparently the film is floundering in Russia - that's a market where I'd believe the leak WOULD do considerable damage.

That word isn't in my dictionary, so I am not sure, do you mean it does o.K.l in Russia or that it is doing badly?

=> just in case....

OW Exp.2 in Russia = $8.1m, Exp.3 OW = $3.8m

Yeah whenever you mention ticket prices in your area I get envious.I spent 16 for EX 3 or .0001% of its weekend gross . :lol:

We make it up in popcorn haha. The theater where tickets are $4.50/6.50, popcorn is $8.50 minimum. Plus a $1.50 for cheese and salt flavoring. An they may charge for refills. Gotta get dat monay!
  • Like 1

Not really.Is there Giver 2 book wise?

I was gonna say no, The Giver is a classic novel and sequelizing it would be crass and pointless.

But then I thought better of it, googled it and of course there is. Four books total :rofl:

• Like 5