iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Posted Image

#2: Beauty and the Beast (1991) - 1073 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Belle, whose father is imprisoned by the Beast, offers herself instead and discovers her captor to be an enchanted prince.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Beauty and the Beast is the runner up! It's the highest ranking Disney Princess film, and has the third highest average in the Top 10, at 29.8. It placed in the top 10 in many peoples' lists, but was #1 and #2 only once, each.

1st place votes received: 1
2nd place votes received: 1

IMDB trivia:
The film is dedicated to Howard Ashman, the lyricist, who died before the movie's completion. At the end of the final credits, you can read the dedication: "To our friend Howard, who gave a mermaid her voice and a beast his soul, we will be forever grateful."

BOF Blurb:
Pokearcher:
"Beauty and The Beast is simply put, amazing. Great songs, memorable characters, a great pace, and an exciting climax.

Beauty and The Beast is one of Disney’s finest animated films, and one of the very best to come out of The Disney renaissance. I can watch the film over and over again".

10 / 10

BOF User Review:
I love a lot of Disney's animated flicks, but none of them come close to this. A perfect film. Gaston has always been my favorite Disney villain.... 
-CoolioD1, 2012

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

Ghetto ratchet version:

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 24

Posted Image

#1: Delgo (2008) - 9999 Points

Country of origin: USA (Electric Eye Entertainment Corporation)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Delgo, an adventurous but naive teenager, must rally his group of friends to protect their world from conflict between the Lockni and Nohrin people.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Delgo is the Best Animated Film of All Time! Delgo has the highest average in the entire Top 100 with an average score of 232.5. Many people sent me bribes just to give points to this film, and I gladly obliged.

1st place votes received: 18
2nd place votes received: 15

IMDB trivia:
In 2009, Kim Jong Il was about to invade South Korea and declare WWIII, but he saw Delgo and marveled at the amazingness of the film so much, he decided to call off the war. Because Delgo moved him so much, he was able to pass away peacefully in 2011, to a heaven where he is currently living life as one of the Delgo characters (the Queen of course).

BOF Blurb:
ShawnMR:
When BOM crashed in 2011, I was inspired by my favorite film, Delgo to be strong and take charge of a new forum. The bravery of the characters inspired me to fight back against boxofficemojo's tyranny and create Box Office Theory, a site for all to discuss box office, and Delgo.

BOF User Review:
A++++
10/10
It should have made 36MID/109OD/305OW/1.65B DOM/2.75B OS/4.4B WW that's how good it was! I literally jizz whenever I hear the word "Delgo"... ajsopdfjpadhfsadfafsd aaaaahhhhh whoops.
-Neo, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 21

Posted Image

#1: Delgo (2008) - 9999 Points

Country of origin: USA (Electric Eye Entertainment Corporation)
Animation style: 3D Computer Generated
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Delgo, an adventurous but naive teenager, must rally his group of friends to protect their world from conflict between the Lockni and Nohrin people.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Delgo is the Best Animated Film of All Time! Delgo has the highest average in the entire Top 100 with an average score of 232.5. Many people sent me bribes just to give points to this film, and I gladly obliged.

1st place votes received: 18
2nd place votes received: 15

IMDB trivia:
In 2009, Kim Jong Il was about to invade South Korea and declare WWIII, but he saw Delgo and marveled at the amazingness of the film so much, he decided to call off the war. Because Delgo moved him so much, he was able to pass away peacefully in 2011, to a heaven where he is currently living life as one of the Delgo characters (the Queen of course).

BOF Blurb:
ShawnMR:

BOF User Review:
A++++
10/10
It should have made 36MID/109OD/305OW/1.65B DOM/2.75B OS/4.4B WW that's how good it was! I literally jizz whenever I hear the word "Delgo"... ajsopdfjpadhfsadfafsd aaaaahhhhh whoops.
-Neo, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

The trolling :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

What the hell is Delgo? is this a joke?

No, Delgo is an all-time classic, I can't believe you haven't heard of it. The movie was phenomenal for its time and was able to create CGI creatures in 1958, something that wouldn't be repeated for 40 years.You'd have to be an uncultured imbecile not to put Delgo at 1
  • Like 1

:P

#(actual)1: The Lion King (1994) - 1355 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
Lion cub and future king Simba searches for his identity. His eagerness to please others and penchant for testing his boundaries sometimes gets him into trouble.

Iceroll's list trivia:
The Lion King ranks #1! It received 282 more points than #2, Beauty and the Beast (by far the biggest jump in the whole list). The Lion King actually only received the fourth most number of votes, but it had the highest average of the entire Top 100, at 37.6

1st place votes received: 7
2nd place votes received: 4

IMDB trivia:
A few weeks before the film opened, Elton John was given a special screening. Noticing that the film's love song had been left out, he successfully lobbied to have the song put back in. Later, "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" won him an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

BOF Blurb:
Films:
The songs in this are fantastic which range from classics such as circle of life to I just can't wait to be king and can you feel the love tonight. I love and root for Simba and Scar is one of the best villians of all time. Mufasa death scene is heartbreaking and beautiful and this is a film I am so glad I got to see on the big screen in 3D 3 years ago

BOF User Review:
A. I just saw this recently at the local multiplex, and it put a smile on my face to see the large diverse crowd that went to see this, again in the theater. From the little kids, to the teenagers, parents and grandparents, to several couples, groups of friends, it's just a wonderful movie that brings everyone together. The opening scene with that sun rising, and the music of circle of life, it's Disney at it's finest! 
-Warhorse, 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

Film Video Clip:

• Like 23

And with that we have a wrap! Again, thanks to everybody who contributed lists.

I can't believe how much of a success this was, over 40 pages in this thread. Thanks for all the feedback and likes guys! My current total stands at:

Posted Image  :o

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement for next time or wants to see a certain stat please let me know!

It was so much work doing this but I'm glad I did it because it was really rewarding  :wub:  :D

• Like 18