iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

Please no, out of all of Pixar's good movies Toy Story 3 is by far their most overpraised.  I still really like it, but the nostalgic ending is pretty much the only thing people ever talk about when mentioning Toy Story 3. I already know it'll be the Incredibles that'll win Pixar and I am fine with that, I love that movie, I wish it would be Nemo though.

Why are you so sure it well be the Incredibles?
  • Like 1

Please no, out of all of Pixar's good movies the Incredibles is by far their most overpraised.  I still really like it, but the superhero angle is pretty much the only thing people ever talk about when mentioning The Incredibles.

I already know it'll be the Toy Story 3 that'll win Pixar and I am fine with that, I love that movie, I wish it would be Monsters Inc. though.

There, fixed :P

• Like 1

I really wish I could see what others do in finding Nemo. It wasn't a bad film by all means but it was painfully average to watch in my opinion.

(In no particular order) Ratatouile, Incredibles, Up, Wall E, The Toy Stories, Monsters Inc and Brave were all better in my opinion.

Up before the TS trilogy, Wall-E and Monsters Inc? Only if the film had been five minutes long... the first five minutes at that. 

• Like 2

#64: The Simpsons Movie (2007) - 198 Points

Country of origin: USA
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
After Homer accidentally pollutes the town's water supply, Springfield is encased in a gigantic dome by the EPA and the Simpson family are declared fugitives.

Iceroll's list trivia:
The Simpsons Movie is the 4th animated film that is an adaptation of a TV series. Transformers, Batman, and Winnie the Pooh were the 3 earlier ones.

IMDB trivia:
The states bordering Springfield are: Nevada, Maine, Kentucky and Ohio. This pays homage the long running joke in The Simpsons (1989) of not pinning down exactly where Springfield is located.

BOF User Review:
If your a simpson fan this is a must watch...

Pretty much is like 4 episodes in one that area really good and funny.

7/10
-Lordmandeep, 2013
Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 14

#63: Pocahontas (1995) - 205 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
An English soldier and the daughter of an Algonquin chief share a romance when English colonists invade seventeenth-century Virginia.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Pocahontas is the lowest ranking 1990s Disney animated film (except for Rescuers Down Under). The 90s were a golden age for Disney.

IMDB trivia:
The first animated Disney movie to have an interracial romance.

BOF Blurb:
Iceroll:

I never really understood the hate for Pocahontas, maybe it had too big shoes to fill coming after The Lion King. I understand that it's blatantly different from the real history, but as a film I thought it was very entertaining, and the characters, plot, visuals, and especially the music were all on point. Plus it's a great source of sassy gifs such as the ones below:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Like 19