iceroll

BOF's Top 100 Animated Films of All Time Ceremony! TOP 10 COUNTDOWN TIME! (p.36)

The Lego Movie is overrated :ph34r:

Agreed.  Finally saw it last week and a B- for me, maybe.  It was visually complex but i didn't find the lead interesting, funny or emotionally engaging, was disturbed and annoyed a bit by some stuff with the female lead, found it a bit repetitive and it took a long time to end.  Batman was very funny though.

• Like 4

Agreed.  Finally saw it last week and a B- for me, maybe.  It was visually complex but i didn't find the lead interesting, funny or emotionally engaging, was disturbed and annoyed a bit by some stuff with the female lead, found it a bit repetitive and it took a long time to end.  Batman was very funny though.

OK then, go join the peanut-free table.

#52: Hercules (1997) - 271 Points

Country of origin: USA (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Animation style: 2D Traditional
Posted ImagePosted Image
Plot:
The son of the Greek Gods Zeus and Hera is stripped of his immortality as an infant and must become a true hero in order to reclaim it.

Iceroll's list trivia:
Hercules has the lowest average score of the 1990s Disney animated films, with 14.2 (except for Rescuers Down Under but nobody remembers that :P).

IMDB trivia:
Hades was scripted as a slow, menacing character until James Woods took the role and impressed the crew with his rapid-fire style. Even after the script was rewritten, Woods ad-libbed many lines.

BOF User Review:
Quite possibly the most fun Disney film. I don't even understand how anyone wouldn't find it charming. The animation is colorful and amazing, and the songs are varied and great of course. Plus, c'mon guys, we're talking about Hades here!

I sometimes really think that Hercules is my favorite Disney film, such an underrated gem.

A+
-lolifofo, 2014

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by iceroll
  • Like 13

Jeez Louise, how about I shut up some of this whining with some new movies? :P

Actually people whined too after you posted the list. :P

"This movie is too high", "This movie is too low", "This movie is overrated", "It's sad that this movie is lower than that movie"

• Like 2