CJohn

Dirty Grandpa | January 22, 2016 | Zac Efron, Robert DeNiro

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Yep, this is going to be a hit.

Considering it went from a summer release to a January release (the place where movies historically go to die a very quick and quiet death, unless you're an expanding Oscar contender from the previous year), I doubt it.

This looks like a waste of everyone's time, both of the actors and the audience. Star Wars should have no trouble continuing its reign in such a bleak-looking January.

1 hour ago, arlo said:

I hope DeNiro didn't just take this role for $$$ and that it will be funny like his role in Meet the Parents. Would be nice to see him in a good comedy again.

He was good in The Intern, which was a solid feel-good comedy. This just looks smutty just for the sake of being smutty. "I'd rather have Queen Latifah shit in my mouth from a hot air balloon." Yeah, that would be a no.

Also, a sex scene between De Niro and Aubrey Plaza. Are we sure this is really a comedy and not a horror film?

• Like 3

This seems like That Awkward Moment all over again. Some teens and college crowd will show up to see it, maybe some DeNiro fans. For this film to have prayer of hitting $30M total, it will need to be funny and DeNiro will need to have all of the best material. Efron and his naked ass cannot sell a movie on their own.

2 hours ago, arlo said:

I hope DeNiro didn't just take this role for $$$ and that it will be funny like his role in Meet the Parents. Would be nice to see him in a good comedy again.

Check out The Intern