23IsEverywhere

Wednesday Numbers

Dolphin Tale 2... over/under 15mil OW?  I saw a prediction for 15-16 million and I personally am not big on "based on a true story" stuff.  But it is the first actual kid/family aimed movie since Dragon 2.  Yes I know GotG and TMNT both had kid appeal but they also both sported a lot of adult/sexual humour and PG13 ratings to match, which might have been a deterrent for parents, especially those with younger children.  I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of demand for kiddy fare going into the winter.

...a Parks and Rec quote pops into my head.  "What am I going to do with my kids all day?  Keep them in my house?  Where I live?"

Either way I imagine they'll more than make up their cost on this.  The budget wasn't that high.

Well there was Planes 2 in July which failed too

Hey, at least now there won't be a (theatrical) Planes 3.

Don't jinx it now.

It did nearly double it's posted production budget($50m) with marginal marketing.

It's legs were fairly good all things being equal. 

With a $17.5m OW it's at $58m and still going in a few places I think(discount run has to be nearly up though). It's got a 3.3 multiplier right now. 

• Like 3

Planes 2 did what Disney wanted it to do..

BOM hasn't updated its total international numbers for months for some reason but it stands on 125 mil WW which is ok for it..could have been better though like what the first Planes did..but hey these two movies were meant for a direct to video releases..so all things considered..Planes 2 is a success

• Like 1