23IsEverywhere

Wednesday Numbers

8 million for GoTG! isnt it super cool its going to hit 300M this weekend woohoo!

really quite the amazing feat for this movie , i wasnt particularly interested in it until i saw the trailer and heard the song hooked on a feeling , thing just had a good vibe to it and the actors looked very much in character 

• Like 2

BOM currently lists it at only 240, though that may not be 100% final.

I wouldn't be surprised. I found it astonishing how they managed to get the second one in more theaters than the original, after the first bombed spectacularly.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Dolphin Tale 2... over/under 15mil OW?  I saw a prediction for 15-16 million and I personally am not big on "based on a true story" stuff.  But it is the first actual kid/family aimed movie since Dragon 2.  Yes I know GotG and TMNT both had kid appeal but they also both sported a lot of adult/sexual humour and PG13 ratings to match, which might have been a deterrent for parents, especially those with younger children.  I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of demand for kiddy fare going into the winter.

...a Parks and Rec quote pops into my head.  "What am I going to do with my kids all day?  Keep them in my house?  Where I live?"

Either way I imagine they'll more than make up their cost on this.  The budget wasn't that high.

Edited by Sal