Chrestomanci

Thursday 12/22/11 Numbers

Anyway, some more boxoffice.com numbers:SH2 - $4,745,049 (+11%)TGWTDT - $3,310,977 (-35% from preview inflated Wednesday, but only about -4.4% from real Wednesday)Hugo - $612,000 (+21%) (another Paramount estimate)BD1 - $609,359 (+18%)Sitter - $582,656 (+5%)Descendants - $416,721 (+8%)Young Adult - $375,000 (+7%) (Paramount again)PiB - $153,000 (+20%) (ditto)

Edited by Chrestomanci

I don't think it lost 1300 theaters today. BOM does have it losing close to that number of theaters this week, but it already lost 454 of those on Wednesday. So the most it would lose today is about 850 (and it's possible that it still won't lose some of those until Sunday).

Edited by Chrestomanci

DT is going to get the fans of the book beyond that I'm not sure. Every New Year's Eve I always go to a movie with my parents. My dad said he thought DT looks interesting and maybe we could see that. I told from what I've heard about the story, I don't think it's a movie I want to have mother sitting next to me for. I said We Bought A Zoo might be more mom's speed.

I'll wait until after this weekend to predict doom and gloom, but these numbers do seem small...for everything. Where's the Christmas bump? I suppose you could argue, disregarding quality, that these numbers aren't totally unexpected. We have three sequels no one really asked for, a disturbing, R-rated crime thriller, and a mo-cap film based on obscure source material from Europe.

Oh and as for Daniel Craig, I have no issue with guy. I think he makes a very good Bond and is adequate in other things that I've seen him in. I have no reason to muster up any hatred no undying love.

• Like 1

Thanks I didn't know that.It lost 400 theaters, but increased 2.9% over it's previous wednesday. Nice.Film wasn't fantastic, but it deserves more.

No problem. And speak of the devil, boxoffice.com just posted the NYE number: $1,165,185 (+10%).AC - $855,863 (+28%)Muppets - $708,379 (+21%)HF2 - $131,119 (-2%) (wonder why it decreased)J&J - $108,279 (+15%)

Glad to see MI4 doing well. I've always liked TC even when he acting all crazy in his personall life. I enjoy the mans movies. Not sure what to think of DT. I suppose it's doing good for the type of movie it is but it was definitely a little over hyped I think. I'm interested in seeing it but I can wait till it hits video. Nice increase for SH2. I hope it plays well through the holidays. Don't really care about anything else to be honest.

How can you possibly know that yet? It's been 2 days. And people are very busy this week. Let's see where it is in 10 days.

If people are busy during Holidays then they are unlikely to have a lot of spare time in January. I guess we'll know more in ten days but based on early numbers this isn't going to beat TSN's DOM.