CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Just now, grim22 said:

Stop. Sourcing. GIANT FREAKING ROBOT.

They are worse than Cosmic Book News.

Stop sourcing all the ‘leakers’ period. Actually the fact that Daniel RPK is flat out saying that Krasinski isn’t going to play Reed on F4 is precisely the reason why I think it might be him all along. All these ‘leakers’ know absolutely shit.

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Oh hey, apparently James Gunn confirmed that TSS and season one of Peacemaker aren’t canon to the DCU. I guess that’s good to know.

He didn’t say that on Threads. I’d argue that unless there is an actual source for that, he has said several times already that it is. And looking like the casting is forming for Superman: Legacy, one could see how it makes sense, other than the cameos at the Season finale for Peacemaker.

Just now, ChipDerby said:

I don't know if it happened prior to bringing Gunn on, but DC putting comic book recommendations after their trailers is just wonderful stuff.

After Gunn. And I agree.  Marvel should copy that, their comics are fairly more streamlined and easier to follow these days. The more people reading comics, the better.

@Cap

RE: Ms. Marvel’s ‘death’ in the comics, this was just out today:

Spoiler

If you followed Champions, you might remember that time displaced young Cyclops and Ms. Marvel dated for a while. Old Cyke cameback eventually and remembers her. Long story short, do yourself a favor and read Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X, thank me later. It’s brilliant.

22 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

He didn’t say that on Threads. I’d argue that unless there is an actual source for that, he has said several times already that it is. And looking like the casting is forming for Superman: Legacy, one could see how it makes sense, other than the cameos at the Season finale for Peacemaker.

i65a21sw8jbb1.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I forgot that Fillion was in TSS and died, LMAO.

Still better than Marvel having two characters played by Gemma Chan

Lmao yeah I mean Chan is unrecognizable as Minn Erva and I didn’t even remember about Fillion in TSS either, but I wouldn’t be mad if it was canon. I’m so confused right now and I kinda wish Gunn stopped talking about this lol.

• Like 1

I’m glad that Gunn seemingly isn’t doing what I feared, which is keeping his stuff from the DCEU canon, while ignoring everything else, but I’m not sure where that leaves the Suicide Squad related shows that are being made. Maybe those shows will explain it. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m glad that Gunn seemingly isn’t doing what I feared, which is keeping his stuff from the DCEU canon, while ignoring everything else, but I’m not sure where that leaves the Suicide Squad related shows that are being made. Maybe those shows will explain it. 

I don’t like the idea of not making the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker canon in the DCU out of pettiness. People that are saying that he shouldn’t play favorites are ignoring that those were pretty well received.

Oh well, I guess that’s basically a J. Jonah Jameson situation, so Waller and Peacemaker exist in the DCU, the events on TSS and Peacemaker aren’t canon in the DCU.  

• Like 1

I love how people pretend to be shocked by the fact that a movie setting up a new universe... has more than one character from that universe. It's also hilarious how people think that three supporting characters are going to steal the spotlight from Superman. Like, come on. You're being ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t like the idea of not making the Suicide Squad and Peacemaker canon in the DCU out of pettiness. People that are saying that he shouldn’t play favorites are ignoring that those were pretty well received.

Oh well, I guess that’s basically a J. Jonah Jameson situation, so Waller and Peacemaker exist in the DCU, the events on TSS and Peacemaker aren’t canon in the DCU.  

TSS and Peacemaker are tied to the DCEU.  Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller even show up as their DCEU characters at one point. If the goal is to do a hard reboot to distance themselves from what came before, that stuff has to go too. 

Besides, TSS flopped, and the audience response to it wasn’t really that great. The DCEU in general had failed to leave an impression during Walter Hamada’s run. 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

TSS and Peacemaker are tied to the DCEU.  Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller even show up as their DCEU characters at one point. If the goal is to do a hard reboot to distance themselves from what came before, that stuff has to go too. 

Besides, TSS flopped, and the audience response to it wasn’t really that great. The DCEU in general had failed to leave an impression during Walter Hamada’s run. 

This added to the fact that Gunn has said that there are no plans for a Suicide Squad pretty much confirms that Margot Robbie and gang are out of the DC Universe for good, save for maybe Idris Elba’s Bloodsport and Daniella Melchior’s Ratsnatcher 2. Not sure what Waller show will be, but I wouldn’t be surprised of seeing a version of the League comprised of some of the characters they’ve announced for Superman: Legacy there.