Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Just looking at OS numbers, this was at $255M up to Wednesday so around $184M through Thur-Sun.

Thursday was $32M

Friday was $53M

So $100M OS on Saturday+Sunday

sounds right to me. was expecting 150m weekend. is that all OS except china and japan?

$187.7M opening wknd for #AvengersAgeOfUltron. #2 all-time but 10% behind 2012 #Avengers. Global rises to $626.7M.

2nd wknd

439m overseas

That doesn't seem that impressive. Avengers was at 475m the same time

Different markets?

Looks like Europe holdovers fell hard.  I don't think theses markets clear 700m.

china and japan should bring in 300m making it close to 1B OS

the 30% and 20% drops for sat sun dom are close to FF7. I don't think the fight hampered sat that much. the 2.3~ OW multiple IM3 and FF7 have would make DOM $440m

Im making the call:

FF7 wins WW!!!

Looks like Europe holdovers fell hard.  I don't think theses markets clear 700m.

the 30% and 20% drops for sat sun dom are close to FF7. I don't think the fight hampered sat that much. the 2.3~ OW multiple IM3 and FF7 have would make DOM $440m

Im making the call:

FF7 wins WW!!!

No.

• Like 2

Im making the call:

FF7 wins WW!!!

There's still Latin America though...And AOU appears to be doing better business than FF7 there.

• Like 2

Im making the call:

FF7 wins WW!!!

Not really locked to win 2015 WW crown but it does seem probable, SW: TFA has a small chance of surpassing it, if the hype is really real.

Not really locked to win 2015 WW crown but it does seem probable, SW: TFA has a small chance of surpassing it, if the hype is really real.

No I didn't mean the year. Just the spring battle between these two. It will be interesting to see what happens later in the year

From Deadline--

Disney’s EVP of Distribution, Dave Hollis, tells me Ultron is currently running about 7% higher than the first Avengers and 6% ahead of Iron Man 3, each on a dollar basis. That’s despite global currency fluctuations which have been pounding returns. And, although the Mayweather-Pacquiao bout last night may have dinged Ultron stateside, Hollis says the international business is “more than making up” for whatever impact the fight may have had.

• Like 1

Press release--

Ultron propelled Disney past the $1bn international mark on April 30 – its second fastest time ever – and has delivered number one debuts everywhere so far.

Combined with the second highest three-day debut in North America on $187.7m the tentpole is in rude health after 12 days in release worldwide. Imax generated a record $25m global haul excluding China, which receives the film on May 12.

Ultron has already delivered the biggest opening weekends of all time in Brazil, Hong Kong and the Philippines – all of which stayed top in their second weekends – and now Mexico on $25.5m and Ecuador join the club.

Active in approximately 71% of the international marketplace, the superhero saga drove a mighty session that slipped 37% from last weekend’s opening salvo as the lead market of South Korea surged to $55.4m, the UK $48.1m heading into bank holiday Monday and Brazil $29.5m.

Russia generated $27.2m, Australia and France $23m apiece, Germany $19.7m, Italy $15.2m, Taiwan $14.3m, India $14m, Hong Kong $13.3m, Philippines $12m, Malaysia $10.8m, Argentina $9.1m, Thailand $7.4m in the second biggest debut ever, Singapore $7.3m and Spain $6.2m.

• Like 5

I think china opened already at this point for the first avenger movie.

pepsa's right -- at this time frame in 2012, The Avengers already opened in China (it opened the same day as it did in the US).  Same for IM3 (film opened in China two days before it did in North Ameria).

So those "7% above The Avengers" and "6% above IM3" include the China figures for TA1 and IM3.

pepsa's right -- at this time frame in 2012, The Avengers already opened in China (it opened the same day as it did in the US).  Same for IM3 (film opened in China two days before it did in North Ameria).

So those "7% above The Avengers" and "6% above IM3" include the China figures for TA1 and IM3.

they are talking about  comparable markets. IM3 made 500m by the second weekend

they are talking about  comparable markets. IM3 made 500m by the second weekend

Where did it say comparable markets in either article?

On its second weekend, IM3 had a total of 504M internationally, 63M of which was from China. [EW]

Edited by pensivepenguin
  • Like 1