Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

Just like TA1 in 2012 which is about to change

TA was quite new back then and IM3 beat F6 in 2013. TF3 beat F5 quite handily in 2011. F7's jump wasn't from it's growth in popularity alone. F8 is going to be massive but it might not be as big as the fans would like to believe.

If nobody else dies and F8 still increases then I'll eat my crows.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

TA was quite new back then and IM3 beat F6 in 2013. TF3 beat F5 quite handily in 2011. F7's jump wasn't from it's growth in popularity alone. F8 is going to be massive but it might not be as big as the fans would like to believe.

If nobody else dies and F8 still increases then I'll eat my crows.

FF only became a global thing in 09 with the 4th movie. It was dying before that. TA had its global awareness launched in 08 with IM1.

Walker wasn't famous outside of this franchise and most fans don't go back 14 years. I don't think his death had a $700m WW impact. Its popularity has steadily built since FF4 and this explosion is across the board is going well beyond sentimentality.

No one else needs to die. It can do well with everyone alive and well. Its a good alternative to all of the big budget SH and SciFy/Fantasy movies out there

FF only became a global thing in 09 with the 4th movie. It was dying before that. TA had its global awareness launched in 08 with IM1.

Walker wasn't famous outside of this franchise and most fans don't go back 14 years. I don't think his death had a $700m WW impact. Its popularity has steadily built since FF4 and this explosion is across the board is going well beyond sentimentality.

No one else needs to die. It can do well with everyone alive and well. Its a good alternative to all of the big budget SH and SciFy/Fantasy movies out there

Of course not. 300m impact is more likely. FF7 would have done just under/over 1b without his death.

I've been a fan of the series since F&F so I know it's popularity well. Brian was such a boring character that the franchise needed Dom back to come alive. Suddenly after PW death Brian was regarded as a beloved character and bandwagon-jumpers just showed up left right and centre.

I never said F8 wouldn't do well. My comment was just to reply to people who'd said F8>F7 was a lock. I think the brand has hit it's peak.. 

with such a rapidly growing market and words

Johnny Storm

it is very likely

China will slow down soon  but will still will have big growth in the next 2 years for me $500 mil is possible for ff8 in China but unlikely and Avatar 2 will get to that mark first!

China will slow down soon  but will still will have big growth in the next 2 years for me $500 mil is possible for ff8 in China but unlikely and Avatar 2 will get to that mark first!

How so? If Avatar is out December 2017, F8 comes out April 2017.

Thank you Rth!! :)

Do you mean $8m in the middle eastern countries that are not included on that list? And Trinidad is not included in that CA total?

yes to all at first when I saw the MER total I thought it must have included other  ME countries then saw it didn't

Trinidad comes under LAm includes Trinidad &Tobago, St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, Suriname

• Like 1

yes to all at first when I saw the MER total I thought it must have included other  ME countries then saw it didn't

Trinidad comes under LAm includes Trinidad &Tobago, St Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, Suriname

also Panama includes Panama.Aruba, Bonaire, Costa rica, Curacao,Dom Republic,El Salvador,Guatemala,Honduras,Jamaca,nicaragua, couple others

bigger markets can get seperate results like Panama close to 1.9m,CR over 2.3m

Other ME includes Bahrain,Ethiopia, Iraq(yes it took money here), Jordan, Kuwait,Oman,Qatar,Saudi,Syria

While Im at it South Africa includes South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania,botswana, Lesotho,Zimbabwe, Zambia,Namibia, Ghana

Edited by RthWillSeeYouNow
  • Like 4

also Panama includes Panama.Aruba, Bonaire, Costa rica, Curacao,Dom Republic,El Salvador,Guatemala,Honduras,Jamaca,nicaragua, couple others

bigger markets can get seperate results like Panama close to 1.9m,CR over 2.3m

Other ME includes Bahrain,Ethiopia, Iraq(yes it took money here), Jordan, Kuwait,Oman,Qatar,Saudi,Syria

While Im at it South Africa includes South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania,botswana, Lesotho,Zimbabwe, Zambia,Namibia, Ghana

Thanks a lot Rth!!! Now I understand!! :)

• Like 1

Of course not. 300m impact is more likely. FF7 would have done just under/over 1b without his death.

I've been a fan of the series since F&F so I know it's popularity well. Brian was such a boring character that the franchise needed Dom back to come alive. Suddenly after PW death Brian was regarded as a beloved character and bandwagon-jumpers just showed up left right and centre.

I never said F8 wouldn't do well. My comment was just to reply to people who'd said F8>F7 was a lock. I think the brand has hit it's peak.. 

Walker meant more to this franchise than Diesel, after all 2 Fast 2 Furious still managed to do well despite Diesel not being in it. Paul Walker is famous for Fast and Furious, he is the Fast and Furious guy and I doubt this would have topped 1b had he not passed away.

Edited by jessie

Domestic:      $321,241,725        23.8%

+ Foreign:      $1,026,200,000        76.2%

= Worldwide:      $1,347,441,725    

All Time Box Office 4 
Edited by abra

Walker meant more to this franchise than Diesel, after all 2 Fast 2 Furious still managed to do well despite Diesel not being in it. Paul Walker is famous for Fast and Furious, he is the Fast and Furious guy and I doubt this would have topped 1b had he not passed away.

1b WW or 1b OS? 1b OS it would probably not have reached, but it'd cross 1b WW with ease.

As for the next film decreasing heavily, well, Dark Knight Rises managed to increase from Dark Knight despite Dark Knight increasing far more compared to Begins than this did compared to Furious 6.

Edited by Dale Cooper

1b WW or 1b OS? 1b OS it would probably not have reached, but it'd cross 1b WW with ease.

As for the next film decreasing heavily, well, Dark Knight Rises managed to increase from Dark Knight despite Dark Knight increasing far more compared to Begins than this did compared to Furious 6.

The Dark Knight being a masterpiece for most surely had some kind of impact.

• Like 2

I wonder how close FF7 will get to The Avengers WW total by the end of it's run?:

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Titanic Par. $2,186.8 $658.7 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
3 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.6 $623.4 41.0% $895.2 59.0% 2012
4 Furious 7 Uni. $1,348.9 $322.7 23.9% $1,026.2 76.1% 2015
5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 WB $1,341.5 $381.0 28.4% $960.5 71.6% 2011
6 Frozen BV $1,274.2 $400.7 31.4% $873.5 68.6% 2013
7 Iron Man 3 BV $1,215.4 $409.0 33.7% $806.4 66.3% 2013
8 Transformers: Dark of the Moon P/DW $1,123.8 $352.4 31.4% $771.4 68.6% 2011
9 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King NL $1,119.9 $377.8 33.7% $742.1 66.3% 2003^
10 Skyfall Sony $1,108.6 $304.4 27.5% $804.2 72.5% 2012