Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

It was a mistake in reporting, not fudging. You can't fudge an extra $100 million in total, that accusation is ridiculous. Universal also doesn't fudge numbers, there's not a single example of them reporting a "fishy* figure like Paramount or Disney routinely do.

Disney didn't even fudge 240k to get TWS over 260M...

europes post TA2 OW hold was tremendous. Looks like 1500m is happening and TA2 will fall short.

Congrats FF7!!

Where did it hold badly, germany and UK were fine I tought. Italy was bad, didn't check the other markets, could you give them :)

I would be greatfull ^^

No it's not.

I think he meant over the course of a weekend. Obviously $1.091B and $1.098B are basically the same thing, but they were reporting $52.8M for the international weekend. If the true number is around $46M ($7M lower), they overpredicted by about 15%.

I don't know how typical that margin of error is for an overseas gross (especially in week 5), but would be like Disney estimating Age of Ultron's opening at $220M and then getting the $191M actual the next day. People would flip out. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 2

I think he meant over the course of a weekend. Obviously $1.091B and $1.098B are basically the same thing, but they were reporting $52.8M for the international weekend. If the true number is around $46M ($7M lower), they overpredicted by about 15%.

I don't know how typical that margin of error is for an overseas gross (especially in week 5), but would be like Disney estimating Age of Ultron's opening at $220M and then getting the $191M actual the next day. People would flip out.

The difference was because of China, where we already knew that it was given too much.

It issue is actually with the cume  some error to go from 1.098 to 1.091, when the weekend number went from 52.8m to 50.7m (biggest diff was China being Over est, but its something else in addition to China with the total cume)

when WW weekend ests are done based on China time its during then day early mid arvo not during the eve(not evening anywhere when sunday is estimated)

From earlier post just read china cume in general is issue

Edited by RthWillSeeYouNow

12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950

Edited by Gokai Red
  • Like 1

There might be some push involved to get it to 1.5B WW or even to over TA WW or maybe over TA2 WW to give it a chance at yearly #1. These are some lucrative milestones which could be too tempting for Universal to resist.

if we're going off 1.091 that would be 21m m-th.  china accounting for 8.1m.

Looks like a great midweek for OS-C if all the numbers are adjusted properly now.

13m midweek sounds high for a 23m OS-C weekend. However Japan did add 3m to it with GW.

Still not certain of anything at this time, but maybe the weekend looks like this:

DOM 4.8  337.5

CHIN 10  388.7

OS-C 13 746.0

Total      1.472B

China will be done Monday. It will be up to the 17.8m OS/DOM weekend to leg out a 3.5 multiple to beat TA1

I think it will overtake TA1 but AOU should beat Furious 7 WW. Still its run is just amazing considering how far the franchise has grown.

OS  with Japan and Dom is starting to look like 1.2B~

China will need to do 300m+ if that is the case. with 3d only IDK

I think it will overtake TA1 but AOU should beat Furious 7 WW. Still its run is just amazing considering how far the franchise has grown.

It wont be easy for AOU..It is dropping like a rock in many places. China should give us an answer in a week.