The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

89 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Could've been worse. I would've been really pissed if they had ended it five minutes earlier as I was afraid they might.

Filmmakers: Do NOT fade or cut to black for an extended period of time over 90 minutes into your film unless you actually plan to end it there. It's freaking annoying.

People were laughing hysterically at that shot cause we thought it was actually over at that point.

Could've been worse. I would've been really pissed if they had ended it five minutes earlier as I was afraid they might.

Filmmakers: Do NOT fade or cut to black for an extended period of time over 90 minutes into your film unless you actually plan to end it there. It's freaking annoying.

Wait, what? What scene? Is there anything after Peeta screaming like a madman, tied to a bed?

Thinking back at the movie, I think the dam scene is the best in the whole series till now. The soundtrack was just perfect.

• Like 2

The night has been saved for me after finding a great pic of hijacked Peeta on tumblr. Sometimes tumblr can be a good thing..

About the movie, when Peeta strangled Katniss that was probably one of the more scarier scenes from the film :o

I kinda knew it was coming, but not like this :what:

It was an incredible scene though, leading up to the end.

I'd disagree, it was painfully obvious there was something going to be wrong with Peeta (this is from a non-book reader who didn't know coming in).  Especially when Gale said it was strange how Snow just let them go, as well as Snow saying it's the things that love most that destroy us.  

• Like 2

I'd disagree, it was painfully obvious there was something going to be wrong with Peeta (this is from a non-book reader who didn't know coming in).  Especially when Gale said it was strange how Snow just let them go, as well as Snow saying it's the things that love most that destroy us.  

It was obvious, but still powerful. And then it turned into something unintentionally hilarious when the screen cut to black and you thought it was the end of the film for a second.

• Like 1

Wait, what? What scene? Is there anything after Peeta screaming like a madman, tied to a bed?

Thinking back at the movie, I think the dam scene is the best in the whole series till now. The soundtrack was just perfect.

The dam scene was my fav scene too. :)

Saw it a second time today, still like it just as much. Keeping my A- rating. Not everything needs to be pow pow, boom boom, ala transformers. I'll take a quiet but great acting/script than a dull action sequence with no bearing.

• Like 1

It was obvious, but still powerful. And then it turned into something unintentionally hilarious when the screen cut to black and you thought it was the end of the film for a second.

Wait. What the fuck? Is there anything after the scene with him screaming tied to a bed? The whole theatre emptied after that scene.

Most of this was just kinda there, with a handful of standout sequences. If no one had told me this was only the first half of a book I coulda guessed it  on my own since the whole film feels like build-up to something that never comes, though the last five minutes is very striking (seriously, I was thinking "alright this is finally picking up" when it ended. at least it didn't feel like it was 2 hours. and that last shot hit me a lot more than the last shot of catching fire). Julianne Moore was the mvp for me. does well with some clunky dialogue.

over the all, I'm sure this'll come out better when the second part rolls around, but it's also gotta be thought of as it's own movie, so I can't help but call it pretty mediocre.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Oh and I should say that I've always thought one of the signs that show someone's a great actor is that they can intentionally portray bad acting really well and JLaw does that in a scene here.

Yeah, the propaganda scene. I loved the whole thing about Katniss's forced performance while first filming the propo.