Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

So unless Hobbit somehow manages to break out huge, this will be the suckiest box office year in a while. Damn you Mockingjay...

you-were-the-chosen-one-obi-wan-kenobi.g

^I'm pulling for Hobbit over MJ1.  And Exodus is a big wildcard, could see it making 100m or 200m+.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Completely agree. I was surprised by how much I liked the first movie, but the second was just the same thing again and left a bad taste in the mouth.

I have been saying this since i saw CF but everyone was like shut up, it's awesome. :(

• Like 1

This thread is off to a great start, btw. We have a great chance to follow up last year's thread with one just as epic. Preview numbers already wildly over-estimated? Bravo, TheWrap, bravo!

Tele, I'm coming to you from the future.  You must keep the thread boring and on topic.  The future of the human race depends on it.

• Like 5

Seriously, The Bible: In the Beginning is the first yearly #1 I could find adjusting to less than GOTG using Wikipedia for US yearly #1's before 1980 (since BOM doesn't track yearly records back further). I've never even heard of that movie!

BOM's tickets sold are not exact for newer movies because they don't factor in IMAX and 3D pricing. It is flat 2D average price that is used. So it may actually go further back than even The Bible: In the Beginning.

Edited by grim22

No it would not it. Marvel winning again and it would be the lowest grossing box office winner since 2001. 

Lionsgate just won the domestic battle last year. Disney winning 2 out of 3 years with Marvel films isn't worse than Lionsgate winning 2 years in a row with the same franchise.

Lionsgate just won the domestic battle last year. Disney winning 2 out of 3 years with Marvel films isn't worse than Lionsgate winning 2 years in a row with the same franchise.

yes it is because thg is smart and good while marvel is dumb and good

tumblr_inline_n6lqnsSO121qc7g7w.gif