Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I still haven't read the books. Can someone tell me what to expect from Part II?

A war agains the Capitol. And Katniss actually fights.

Everything else is a spoiler really, and not something that gives you more insight to quality really so no point of telling. Basically just a lot of action and an anti-war theme with an ending that some fans hate but I think is the best thing in the series.

I just saw the Part 1 and I think not spitting benefitted the film (the book was so rushed and frustrating). But it not terribly cinematic. I do not know know why there could not have been a more clearer tree-act structure and more action. Just make the first action scene longer (it felt longer in the book) and include Katniss in the second even if she was not there in the book. And they could have included the one that is apparently opening the next film but it might make the next film stronger so maybe it was the right decision.

Edited by Chinoiserie
  • Like 1

Someone may have mentioned it somewhere in the last 50 pages, so apologies of true

this reminds me in so many ways of Pirates 3. Following a well liked predecessor that opened way above expectations and grossed over 420. Only to have its follow up fall unprecedented the next year which also had 17m in preview grosses.

And of course that went on to gross a disappointing 309m.

• Like 2

Someone may have mentioned it somewhere in the last 50 pages, so apologies of true

this reminds me in so many ways of Pirates 3. Following a well liked predecessor that opened way above expectations and grossed over 420. Only to have its follow up fall unprecedented the next year which also had 17m in preview grosses.

And of course that went on to gross a disappointing 309m.

Pirates 3 has an excuse, this doesn't.

The way I'm reading the situation is: The people calling it "Floppingjay" are doing so as a joke. But "flop" is attached to movies that disappoint, hence Floppit. Obviously these films aren't money losers. It's not about how I'm using the word or how I feel. I think the people who are arguing "it's not a flop guys" are wasting their time because "flop" doesn't mean what they think it does in the way it's being used.

No, the only people who use it in that context are those looking to get a reaction. People in the business use the word "flop" only if the movie actually lost money.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3