Olive

Official Weekend Est: MJ1 56.9M Penguins 25.8m BH6 18.77m Interstellar 15.8M

Really?

Critically finding nemo has a 99% just like Toy Storys. It was also a much, much larger box office hit. Its a pop culture phenomenon, I don't know how large it'll be but finding nemo is just as if not more beloved by the GA as toy story.

Really. How many kids dress up as Nemo or Dory for Halloween these last couple of years?

I imagine Nemo is thought up more fondly by the adults that watched the movie when they were kids. I doubt many kids go around obsessing over it and watching the movie everyday. Also there is barely any FN merchandise being sold at stores nowadays. I'm expecting a Monsters University type of boxoffice run. :thinking:

• Like 1

Really. How many kids dress up as Nemo or Dory for Halloween these last couple of years?

I imagine Nemo is thought up more fondly by the adults that watched the movie when they were kids. I doubt many kids go around obsessing over it and watching the movie everyday. Also there is barely any FN merchandise being sold at stores nowadays. I'm expecting a Monsters University type of boxoffice run. :thinking:

The movie is highly quoted, it's one enjoyed more for its quality and entertainment value (even by children) than necessarily its merchandising. I mean it's hard to make Halloween comparisons because fish aren't necessarily easy costumes when compared to your Elsa or Minion (I saw lots of those, I don't recall a buzz or woody)

• Like 1

I'm sorry but if I were a kid I wouldn't dress up as a fish for Halloween.

• Like 3

I have NEVER EVER seen someone dressed up as a Nemo character.

And you are right. I've not seen a kid give a shit about finding Nemo in years. Same goes for The Incredibles, a Bugs Life, and Ratatouille.

They seem to be more cared about by older audiences. Kids have today have so much media today, with my daughter stuff is literally "here today, gone tomorrow." They only tend to remember something if it's a big, long running franchise with an onslaught of merchandise that's pumped out regularly.

Really there are barely Nemo merchandise in the US anymore? Woah. Well here in our country the Nemo merchandise are still around a lot, probably next to Cars in presence. And kids here will still call clownfishes Nemo.

• Like 1

Really there are barely Nemo merchandise in the US anymore? Woah. Well here in our country the Nemo merchandise are still around a lot, probably next to Cars in presence. And kids here will still call clownfishes Nemo.

I have genuinly not seen a piece of Nemo merch since around 2005.

Same here. Kids still call clownfish Nemo, but no merch to be found. I don't think it is as popular as some people think it is.

Same goes for Jurassic Park. Apart from CGI and Goldblum, I never hear people say a thing about that movie. What were the names of those characters? Who were those actors playing them? because I don't see em anywhere. These kids today don't care if you were the first to use good CGI. They're so used to it, that CGI and visuals just isn't a selling point.

D&D2 showed us that shockingly high trailer views for sequel to an old classic, doesn't mean much.

How so? Do they talk about it a lot? Watch it a lot? Have Nemo merch? Or what? I am genuinely curious.

Nemo is a film that is often discussed, Lots of people go over to other peoples houses to watch Nemo. Last year in Spanish we had a project where we had to make peniatas and I think 4 or 5 people made theirs Nemo. THe only things more common were a deerbras and  pigs.

Nemo is a film that is often discussed, Lots of people go over to other peoples houses to watch Nemo. Last year in Spanish we had a project where we had to make peniatas and I think 4 or 5 people made theirs Nemo. THe only things more common were a deerbras and  pigs.

I'm gonna be completely honest.

When I was a teenager, these wouldn't be the people I would be hanging out with.

• Like 2

The Hanging Tree is #2 on US iTunes, that song  struck a chord with the audience.Lionsgate should have maximized the use of that song in their marketing of Mockingjay.  Apart from Part 1 stigma, I still think the weak marketing affected MJ1's underwhelming OW.

• Like 1

The Hanging Tree is #2 on US iTunes, that song  struck a chord with the audience.Lionsgate should have maximized the use of that song in their marketing of Mockingjay.  Apart from Part 1 stigma, I still think the weak marketing affected MJ1's underwhelming OW.

The song is haunting.

• Like 1

Yeah, Definetly use it in some trailer and TV spots for part 2. I personally have listened to it a lot, it's great.

What stigma? Both DH1 and BD1 were incredibly consistent with their previous movies. MJ1 will be the first Part 1 to drop 100m DOM. :slaphead:

• Like 1