Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

Does it matter? Bottom line is if no one who disliked the first likes the second, there's little reason for me to see it.

I wasn't referring to you? Many people here who say they didn't care for the first are still interested in this.Now I remember why I used to have you in ignore, haha.

Prometheus and MOS share many similarities, they delivered amazing marketing campaigns (the best of 2012 and 2013) and the movie disappointed quality wise, that's the recipe to make people angry. Just look how Prometheus and MOS appeared in a considerable amount of  "worst movies of the year" lists, when clearly they're not the worst films (well, only if you saw more than 20 films). Another similarity is that haters are pretty vocal about their opinion.

• Like 3

Prometheus and MOS share many similarities, they delivered amazing marketing campaigns (the best of 2012 and 2013) and the movie disappointed quality wise, that's the recipe to make people angry. Just look how Prometheus and MOS appeared in a considerable amount of  "worst movies of the year" lists, when clearly they're not the worst films (well, only if you saw more than 20 films). Another similarity is that haters are pretty vocal about their opinion.

I do agree with this. Probably the two most polarizing big-budget films of recent memory. 

Of course, the defenders of both films are just as vocal.

The scene after the medpod cesarian section was a big WTF (among others). So the main protagonist of the mission, who just gave birth to an alien squid inside the ship, stumbles all bloody and fucked up collapsing in front of Weyland's people but they all act like nothing terrible just really happened to Shaw and there is no immediate threat in the ship that should warn the whole shipcrew that someone contaminated by the black goo can be pregnant with deadly alien squids. No, they won't care nor discuss any of it, (Shaw seems totally oblivious and numb), they're just rambling and talking like they're having teatime then agree to go see the Engineer, yup.(And Shaw doesn't even feel any hard feeling toward David or does she understand at any point what he has done to her? Contrast how Ripley developed a lingering defiance toward Ash because she sees through his agenda and he didn't even impregnated her with an alien).

Remember those promo screenshots from the teasers?

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's because the Fifield attack was supposed to happen at the same time Weyland and the ilks are in the hangar to go meet the engineers, that's why you see his goons shooting to kill Fifield running amok on the pics above. They try to get on the truck while throwing flame to zombie's, they manage to get on the truck at last and run over him to go straight to the temple.

That means now, in the theatrical release, that one of the goons seen with Weyland after Fifield's attack just disappears from the movie because he was supposed to be killed by Fifield in the original edit footage from which the teaser was made after. The theatrical release has rendered those scenes tone deaf, illogical and out of order because of that kind of editing mess.

I am convinced that PROMETHEUS is butchered in the editing room. By who? Who knows. And I am flabbergasted when I heard Scott said in one of his interviews that PROMETHEUS is perfect as it is and there is no Special Extended Cut or Directorial Cut available for BluRay. Flabbergasted, shocked and befuddled. My jaw just hangs there...

• Like 2