iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

#21 Futurama - 295 Points

oP6OXyi.jpg
IMDB Rating:
LMknox8.png
Aired:  1999-2013 (Fox)
Episodes: 140
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: Futurama is the second highest ranked Fox animated comedy show, out of four in the Top 100. Family Guy ranked #54 and King of the Hill at #86. Oddly, it was never a part of their official "Animation Domination" block.
Storyline: Fry, a pizza guy is accidentally frozen in 1999 and thawed out New Year's Eve 2999.
Show quote:
Fry: You know the worst thing about being a slave? They make you work, but don't pay you or let you go.
Turanga Leela: That's the only thing about being a slave.

Episode Ratings:
CpQSrYI.png

Opening Theme:

nhqVoE3.gif

• Like 12

TOP 20 COUNTDOWN!

#20 Community - 302 Points

82rvbbY.jpg
IMDB Rating:
uA3GBco.png
Aired:  2009-ongoing (NBC)
Episodes: 97
List Trivia: Community is the second highest ranking show to be a new entry to this year's Top 100. It received one #1 placement.
Storyline: A suspended lawyer is forced to enroll in a community college with an eclectic staff and student body.
Show quote:
Jeff: I'm saying, you're a football player. It's in your blood!
Troy: That's racist.
Jeff: Your soul.
Troy: That's racist.
Jeff: Your eyes?
Troy: That's gay?
Jeff: That's homophobic.
Troy: That's black.
Jeff: That's racist.
Troy: Damn.
Show Trivia (new to top 20):
Community committed 3 years to making a Beetlejuice reference:

Episode Ratings:
3J8kzUO.png
(Pretty clear trend from when Harmon left)

Opening Theme:

rJ2gVNw.gif

• Like 10

#19 Firefly (+2 ranks)- 339 Points

i3ZEdxK.jpg
IMDB Rating:
nxkS9cN.png
Aired: 2002 (Fox)
Episodes: 14
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: Firefly is the first show in the Top 100 so far to increase from the previous list, rising 2 ranks. It received 14 votes, which is the highest number for any show so far. It also has the second fewest episodes of any show in the Top 30, you have to go back to Band of Brothers at #44 to find a show with fewer episodes.
Storyline: Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
Show quote:
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe: "We live in a spaceship, dear."
Joss Whedon intended the show to have run for seven seasons. However due to low ratings, the FOX Network canceled it with only 11 episodes out of 14 airing on the network. Prior to its cancellation fans formed a Firefly Immediate Assistance campaign which involves sending in postcards to the FOX Network to support the production of the show. After that didn't work, the campaign worked on getting another network such as UPN to pick up the series for a second season. The campaign ended up being unsuccessful in securing the continuation of the show.

Episode Ratings:
0kAvfmM.png
(Pretty clear trend from when Harmon left)

Opening Theme:

PnpGj8q.gif

• Like 10

Here's my complaint about the list.  What's with all the fucking anime?

Well you likely know a friend or cousin who likes anime and think he or she is strange.

If you do a sum total of that by each family and circle of friends, that is a lot of people!  :D

#18 24 (+7 ranks)- 354 Points

23TjilX.jpg
IMDB Rating:
nxkS9cN.png
Aired: 2001-2010 (Fox)
Episodes: 228
List Trivia: 24 is the second show to increase in rank from the previous list, and it rises by 7 ranks. It received one #1 placement and one #2 placement, and its 35.4 average score is the 10th highest in the entire Top 100.
Storyline: Jack Bauer, Director of Field Ops for the Counter-Terrorist Unit of Los Angeles, races against the clock to subvert terrorist plots and save his nation from ultimate disaster.
Show quote:
Jack Bauer: Of course I have regrets, Senator. I regret losing my family. My wife was murdered because I was responsible for protecting David Palmer during an assassination attempt. My daughter can't even look at me. Every day I regret looking into the eyes of men, women and children knowing that any moment their lives might be deemed expendable in an effort to protect the greater good. I regret every decision or mistake that I might have made which resulted in the loss of a single innocent life. But do you know what I regret the most? Is that this world needs people like me. 
The actors are not told in advance as to what will happen from episode to episode so none of them know whether or not they will be written out of the series

Episode Ratings:
lHyKqfu.png

Opening Theme:

FbKF0Zr.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 6

#17 Batman: The Animated Series (-2 ranks)- 355 Points

y386RNT.jpg
IMDB Rating:
zIGGWgg.png
Aired: 1993-1995 (Fox)
Episodes: 85
List Trivia: Batman drops 2 ranks this year to #17. It is one of four animated shows in the Top 20. It's also the third oldest show in the Top 20.
Storyline: The Dark Knight battles crime in Gotham City with occasional help from Robin and Batgirl.
Show quote:
Selina: I'm afraid I'm not going to be very good company.
Bruce: Is there anything I can do?
Selina: Not really... unless you can get me a meeting with the chairman of Multigon International.
Bruce: [Picks up a phone and dials] What time's good for you?
Selina: Hey, I'm starting to like this guy.
Show Trivia:
Kevin Conroy is the first person in animation to use two distinct voices to portray Bruce Wayne and Batman. It was his own idea.

Episode Ratings:
FcnAaqQ.png

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/A71i0a5x-qA

tumblr_n9hfku9AgB1tuj9ddo1_400.gif

• Like 11

#16 The Office - US (-11 ranks)- 361 Points

bL4rxEA.jpg
IMDB Rating:
WyKMk4L.png
Aired: 2005-2013 (NBC)
Episodes: 201
List Trivia:  Down 11 ranks, The Office (US) has the biggest ranking drop out of all the shows in the Top 20, and its 24.1 average score is the lowest in the Top 20 as well. With 15 votes, it currently has the most number of submitted lists in the Top 100 so far.
Storyline: A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium. Based on the hit BBC series.
Show quote:
[repeated line]
Michael Scott: That's what *she* said.
Show Trivia:
The show had to stop production in November 2007 because of a writer's strike. The show's star Steve Carell (himself a WGA member) supported the writers, and refused to cross the picket lines even for non-writing duties. Carell went so far as to call in sick to the network on the first day of the strike, citing a case of "enlarged balls" as the reason he couldn't come in.

Episode Ratings:
2SZBFSH.png
(It's almost like a sine wave!)

Opening Theme:

6S6QUbQ.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 10

How the hell does All in the Family rank lower than Vampire Diaries? Or some anime?

65 of TVD's 84 points were from me, as I ranked it #1.

I would guess there was probably only one other person who even put it on their 100 list (the girl in question knows exactly who she is!  :lol: )

Also, you can hate it as much as you want, but I bet you've never watched TVD. It's honestly really good. :)

• Like 1

Well you likely know a friend or cousin who likes anime and think he or she is strange.

If you do a sum total of that by each family and circle of friends, that is a lot of people!  :D

Actually none of my family and friends were ever into anime

The thing about Anime shows is that they have die hard fan bases and have stayed popular for years after the end unlike a lot of other shows.

For example Dragon Ball Z tv show ended in 2003 but the whole Dragon Ball brand is still as popular as ever. 

Also I think many know the flaws of these shows with filler episodes and some technical faults, they have great emotional moments that rival normal TV shows. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

65 of TVD's 84 points were from me, as I ranked it #1.

I would guess there was probably only one other person who even put it on their 100 list (the girl in question knows exactly who she is!  :lol: )

Also, you can hate it as much as you want, but I bet you've never watched TVD. It's honestly really good. :)

I had it on my list too but not very high :lol:

• Like 2

#15 Mad Men 365 Points

xQ2irPx.jpg
IMDB Rating:
Dvr2KWw.png
Aired: 2007-ongoing (AMC)
Episodes: 85
List Trivia: Mad Men is the "Hot Shot Debut" in Billboard Hot 100 terms. AKA it's the show that ranks the highest out of all the shows that weren't on the previous list.
Storyline: A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.
Show quote:
Roger Sterling: You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do
Show Trivia:
According to Jon Hamm, the production's pursuit of historical accuracy is such that series researchers will insist on knowing weather conditions, news items, popular culture for a particular period related to the script's time frame.

Episode Ratings:
9AsprV5.png

Opening Theme:

tJK7gFe.gif

• Like 6