iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

Disagree highly, A Song of Ice and Fire (book and movie series) has become one of my favorite pieces of art ever. It's better than LOTR movies and books.

It's good, but nah. It's better than The Hobbit movies though. :P

Edited by Empire

A4UBSCw.jpg

#3 Seinfeld (-2) - 707 Points

xoUiSxr.jpg
IMDB Rating:
FLJkfIT.png
Aired: 1989-1998 (NBC)
Episodes: 60
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: Seinfeld falls 2 ranks, from it's position atop last year's list. Nonetheless, it's the highest ranked comedy, as well as the highest ranked NBC show out of 21 in the Top 100. Seinfeld received two #1 rankings.
Storyline: The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York friends.
Show quote:
George Costanza: It became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I've made in my entire life has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat - it's all been wrong.
Show Trivia:
As Kramer became more popular, his entrance applause grew so prolonged that the cast complained it was ruining the pacing of their scenes. Directors subsequently asked the audience not to applaud so much when Kramer entered.

Episode Ratings:
9KwTG20.png

Opening Theme (Seinfeld didn't have one, but there's a stand-up opening):

WHCLXMl.gif

KfPtQok.gif

Show Clip [spoiler warning] (new to Top 10):

• Like 10

kPJh15D.jpg

#2 Game of Thrones (+10 ranks) - 687 Points

1xvAoFb.jpg?1
IMDB Rating:
xQAObcW.png
Aired: 2011-ongoing (HBO)
Episodes: 40
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: Game of Thrones makes a major gain, increasing 10 ranks from the previous year's list. It wasn't very close between #3 and the Top two, with this show leaping 171 points ahead of Seinfeld. With 26 votes, more people had GOT on their lists than any other show in the Top 100, including the winner. Four people ranked it at #1.
Storyline: Several noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.
Show quote:
Cersei Lannister: When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
Show Trivia:
Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) received a letter from author George R.R. Martin after the the show aired, stating "Congratulations, everyone hates you!".
BOT User Blurb:
Better than the books? I dare say so. The show really benefits from not being tied to the POV chapter structure of the books, fleshing out secondary and tertiary characters to greater extents. Superwriters Benioff & Weiss have more than proved their capabilities in adapting an unwieldy epic so I completely trust them, heck, even cheer them on, as they deviate from the path set by the books for the coming seasons.
-Spidey Freak

Episode Ratings:
ostE2SG.png

Opening Theme (Special edition):

rUHXerB.gif

Iymhfh3.gif

• Like 7

63gsLCN.jpg

#1 Teletubbies - 1234 Points

dKMRiMI.jpg
IMDB Rating:
OoH9NJ3.png
Aired: 1997–2001 (Syndicated)
Episodes: 365
Genre: Gospel
List Trivia: Teletubbies is our number one show! With a total 1234 points, it received nine #1 rankings and eleven #2 rankings.  
Storyline: In this television show for babies, the four colourful Teletubbies coo and play in idyllic Teletubbyland. They repeat fun, infant-pleasing activities such as rolling on the ground, laughing, running about, and watching real children on the televisions on their bellies. Mysterious pinwheels and telephones rise out of the meadow to loosely direct the day's activities. The Sun, featuring a baby's face, comments on the proceedings with baby noises, and it rises and sets to begin and end the show.
Show quote:
Tinky Winky: Bitch I'm fabulous, I server hot mess realness with my fierce red handbag. They call me King Twink.
Show Trivia:
Filming would only take place in sunshine with a blue sky. This meant, when the weather was overcast, the crew would simply sit around waiting for the sun to make an appearance.
BOT Blurb:
The reason I went on hiatus from boxoffice was so I could start a Kickstarter campaign to reboot Teletubbies. Before I was a box office fanatic, I was a tubby fanatic. The only reason I let Telemachos become a mod was because he has the word "Tele" in his name.
-ShawnMR

Episode Ratings:
EGGa5PJ.png

Opening Theme (Special edition):

tumblr_m30e146Tjo1qb78qno1_500.gif

Wt5Qq31.gif

• Like 15

It's good, but nah. It's better than The Hobbit movies though. :P

As much as I love LOTR, everything is white and black and straightforward. Game of Thrones takes the epic scale of LOTR and adds a whole lot of grey, sexier, politics, intelligence, and more gut wrenching emotion. It clearly takes inspiration from LOTR but there's so much intricacy, character layers, and plot interconnection that you don't get in really any other series.

Edit: And I am more than happy to see GoT at number 2 behind Breaking Bad (or Teletubbies). Much higher than I expected

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1