iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

I kind of wish that I held the voting open until this week or something, The Legend of Korra's finale was amazing and it would have bumped up the show quite a few ranks in my list. I can't believe they went so progressive and daring with the ending.

Seriously! I think it was #15 or something on my list. Now it has cracked the Top 10 and may rise higher after repeat viewings! Oh well, there's always next time. :)

LOL you have nooo idea, my Google search was "the shield fx gif tumblr -marvel -wrestler" and it still took forever!

As a Tumblr user who needed an outlet for some serious geeking out over that show when I finished it, I know that pain all too well. That group, well, let's just say they had a rather dedicated fanbase on the internet.

• Like 1

I still can't believe Looney toons couldn't even make it to the top 100. If any "saturday mornjng cartoon" deserved it, it was this one. It should have been in the top 25 atleast, if for nothing else than atleast for its legacy, pure classicness, and the mere fact that it brought probably some of the greatest cartoon characters ever all into a single show!

• Like 1

#62 Justified - 133 Points

30AZZUk.jpg

IMDB Rating:

BmrK5Nr.png

Aired:  2010-ongoing (FX)

Episodes: 65

Genre: Drama

List Trivia: Justified's 10 point jump from Teen Titans marks the biggest points jump in the entire list so far.

Storyline: Old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is reassigned from Miami to his childhood home in the poor, rural coal-mining towns in Eastern Kentucky.Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven. They come together to stop their villians of whom they could never beat alone.

Opening Theme:

http://vimeo.com/10465795

258yzk7.jpg

This is a show people need to watch

• Like 1

You know these forums don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right some

Again, thanks for that. These posts are super important and eye-opening. I never really knew what opinions were until today.

People can express whatever opinion they want sure, but it's just as right that I get to express that I think it's some bullshit.

People can express whatever opinion they want sure, but it's just as right that I get to express that I think it's some bullshit.

justin-timberlake-cry-me-a-river.gif

No but seriously. What the hell are you whining about? Glee being #59 on a popularity poll? As Iceroll said, that is an incredibly valid placement considering the impact it used to have on pop-culture 3-4 years back. If mainstream entertainment makes a difference in peoples' lives, especially the way Glee has done for LGBTQ teens and their straight allies, then more power to its popularity.

#50 Monty Python's Flying Circus - 158 Points
X8uYTjy.jpg
IMDB Rating:
ACHEsDO.png
Aired:  1969-1974 (BBC)
Episodes: 45
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: Monty Python's Flying Circus is the sixth oldest show in the Top 100. Out of the three shows that started in the 1960s, it's the only one that did not span multiple decades.
Storyline: The original surreal sketch comedy showcase for the Monty Python troupe.
Show quote:
Mr Smoke-Too-Much: I saw your add in the "Bolour" Supplement.
Bounder: The what?
Mr Smoke-Too-Much: The Bolour Suppliment.
Bounder: The Colour Supplement.
Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, I'm sorry, I can't say the letter B.
Bounder: C?
Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, that's right. It's all due to a trauma I suffered when I was a "sbool" boy. I was attacked by a bat.
Bounder: A cat?
Mr Smoke-Too-Much: No, a bat.

Episode Ratings:
dwnYZbJ.png

Opening Theme:

efac9152e73da52e4bd23225db33d28a.jpg

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 7

#49 NCIS - 159 Points
6ia96bS.jpg
IMDB Rating:
HRo8uKH.png
Aired:  2003-ongoing (CBS)
Episodes: 267
List Trivia: NCIS has the 11th most number of episodes in the Top 100. That means there are 10 shows with over 267 episodes in this list! Talk about long-running shows.
Storyline: The cases of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service's Washington DC Major Case Response Team, led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
Show quote:
Officer Ziva David: Well, you know what they say. You cannot make an omelet without breaking a few legs
Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo: She's never making me breakfast.
Special Agent Timothy McGee: Uh, Ziva, it's 'without breaking a few eggs.'
Episode Ratings:
V6rHMVq.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_mblt7wt11K1rxhuad.gif

#48 Sons of Anarchy - 162 Points
5OGMC0O.jpg
IMDB Rating:
WyWwtUj.png
Aired:  2008-ongoing (Fox)
Episodes: 267
List Trivia: Sons of Anarchy is the second highest ranking FX show out of 7 in the Top 100. What will be the #1 FX show? Also, its episode ratings graph shows an interesting trend of episodes getting better towards the season finale and then dipping again for the next season's premiere. This trend is especially clear in seasons 1 and 7.
Storyline: A man in his early 30s struggles to find a balance in his life between being a new dad and his involvement in a motorcycle club.
Show quote:
Jackson 'Jax' Teller: [voiceover, reading his fathers memoirs] A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Episode Ratings:
KxCPL0C.png

Opening Theme:

kielchq.gif

• Like 2

#47 Pokemon - 167 Points
UffAmvo.jpg
IMDB Rating:
i2AZVIe.png
Aired:  1997-ongoing (TV Tokyo/Syndication)
Episodes: 861
Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon
List Trivia: Pokemon is the second highest ranked anime in the Top 100. It also has the second most number of episodes, after Sesame Street
Storyline: Ten-year-old Ash aspires to be the greatest Pokémon (pocket monster) trainer in the world. To do this, he enlists the help of two friends, Misty and Brock, and his own Pokémon, Pikachu. Together, they must search their world for all 150 Pokémon, while avoiding the likes of Team Rocket and their Pokémon, Meowth.
Show quote:
Pokedex: Ratata forages in the forest for fruits, roots, nuts, and berries.
Ash: But this isn't a forest! It's an open field!
Pokedex: They also come out to open fields to steal food from stupid travellers.
Ash: D-Does that mean that... I'm stupid?
Pikachu: [laughing hard] Pika, pika, pika!

Episode Ratings:
RAHhZr0.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_mu1omdnsxx1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 7

#46 It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - 172 Points
HnsTxLp.jpg
IMDB Rating:
esduWYt.png
Aired:  2005-ongoing (FX)
Episodes: 104
List Trivia: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the highest rated FX show in the Top 100!
Storyline: Four young friends with big egos and slightly arrogant attitudes are the proprietors of an Irish bar in Philadelphia.
Show quote:
Charlie Kelly: Oooh shit... Look at the door, dude. You see that door right there? The one marked pirate? You think a pirate lives in there?

Episode Ratings:
FsrJEdl.png

Opening Theme (couldn't find one so here's a clip):

tumblr_l9ngchwbhh1qe0qyho1_500.gif

• Like 10

#45 Blackadder (-36 ranks- 173 Points
2JuA1Vz.png
IMDB Rating:
5u9kvk0.png
Aired:  1983-1989 (BBC)
Episodes: 24
List Trivia: Blackadder is the 3rd highest ranked BBC show in the Top 100 out of 7. Blackadder is also the 6th show so far to receive a #1 ranking from someone. Blackadder also falls 36 spots from #9 in the previous list.
Storyline: In the Middle Ages, Prince Edmund the Black Adder constantly schemes and endeavors to seize the crown from his father and brother.
Show quote:
Edmund: Ah, Percy, you see how the King picks me out for special greeting?
Percy: No, my lord.
Baldrick: I saw it, my lord.
Edmund: And what is your name, little fellow?
Baldrick: My name is Baldrick, my lord.
Edmund: Then I shall call you... Baldrick.
Baldrick: And I shall call you "my lord," my lord.

Episode Ratings (imdb lists the seasons separately so here's season 1):
EHZpSIx.png

Opening Theme (couldn't find one so here's a clip):

wnR7tD2.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 4