iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

#45 Blackadder - 173 Points

2JuA1Vz.png

IMDB Rating:

5u9kvk0.png

Aired: 1983-1989 (BBC)

Episodes: 24

Genre: Comedy

List Trivia: Blackadder is the 3rd highest ranked BBC show in the Top 100 out of 7. Blackadder is also the 6th show so far to receive a #1 ranking from someone.

Storyline: In the Middle Ages, Prince Edmund the Black Adder constantly schemes and endeavors to seize the crown from his father and brother.

Show quote:

Edmund: Ah, Percy, you see how the King picks me out for special greeting?

Percy: No, my lord.

Baldrick: I saw it, my lord.

Edmund: And what is your name, little fellow?

Baldrick: My name is Baldrick, my lord.

Edmund: Then I shall call you... Baldrick.

Baldrick: And I shall call you "my lord," my lord.

Episode Ratings (imdb lists the seasons separately so here's season 1):

EHZpSIx.png

Opening Theme (couldn't find one so here's a clip):

http://youtu.be/KMhZyviousA

wnR7tD2.gif

BEST SHOW EVER!

Sons is better

Is what somebody who thinks the US Office is way better than the UK version would say.

Sons is like if you took the first three seasons of The Shield, cranked up the pulpiness, machismo, and "edginess", and then had the quality fall off a cliff in seasons 4-7, leaving the show meandering around for its last few seasons before limping to the finish line.

Edited by Seth Rollins

Again, thanks for that. These posts are super important and eye-opening. I never really knew what opinions were until today.

People can express whatever opinion they want sure, but it's just as right that I get to express that I think it's some bullshit.

Those would be the opening lyrics to the Different Strokes theme song

#44 Band of Brothers - 173 Points
9CCe9Mt.jpg
IMDB Rating:
EpoBZTt.png
Aired:  2001 (HBO)
Episodes: 10
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: Band of Brothers is the highest ranking miniseries in the Top 100. 
Storyline: The story of Easy Company of the US Army 101st Airborne division and their mission in WWII Europe from Operation Overlord through V-J Day.
Show quote:
Ronald Spiers: The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it.

Episode Ratings:
VQc1ePF.png

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/XJakG0hNHH8

4v5t2f.jpg

• Like 9

#43 The Wonder Years (-27 ranks) - 175 Points
8F0y41x.jpg
IMDB Rating:
x7oo1zy.png
Aired:  1988-1993 (ABC)
Episodes: 115
Genre: Drama/Comedy
List Trivia: The Wonder Years drops 27 spots from the previous year's list, which is the smallest drop so far. It also received one #1 ranking from a user.
Storyline: Kevin Arnold recalls growing up during the late 60s and early 70s; the turbulent social times make the transition from child to adult unusually interesting.
Show quote:
Kevin Arnold - The Narrator: All of our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone that makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope. All the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.

Episode Ratings:
Nl7aF8y.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_m0f6yvk37i1r4td7do1_250.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 5

#42 The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - 177 Points
GeC1a1z.jpg
IMDB Rating:
dlCuWtI.png
Aired:  1990-1996 (NBC)
Episodes: 148
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ranks 9th out of 21 NBC shows in this list. Out of the top 9 NBC shows in the Top 100, only 1 is a drama, the rest are all comedies..
Storyline: The Banks family, a respectable Californian family, take in a relative - Will Smith, a street-smart teenager from Philadelphia. The idea is to make him respectable, responsible and mature, but Will has got other plans...
Show quote:
[Will's father came back into town, and then lied to Will about being around more and left. Phillip is trying to comfort him]
Will: Hey, you no what, you ain't got to do nothing, Uncle Phil. You know, ain't like I'm still five years old, you know? Ain't like I'm gonna be sitting every night asking my mom 'when's daddy coming home?' You know? Who needs him? Hey, he wasn't there to teach me how to shoot my first basket, but I learned it, didn't I? And I got pretty damn good at it too, didn't I, Uncle Phil?
Phillip Banks: Yeah, you did.
Will: Got to do my first date without him, right? I learned how to ride, I learned how to shave, I learned how to fight without him. I had *fourteen* great birthdays without him; he never even sent me a damn card. The hell with him!
[pause]
Will: I didn't need him then, I won't need him now.
Phillip Banks: Will...
Will: No, you know what, Uncle Phil? I'm gonna get through college without him, I'm gonna get a great job without him, I'm gonna marry me a beautiful honey and I'm having a whole bunch of kids. I'm gonna be a better father than he ever was. And I sure as hell don't need him for that, 'cause there ain't a damn thing he can teach me about how to love my kids!
[long pause; he's crying]
Will: How come he don't want me, man?

Episode Ratings:
oPQzNzG.png
(major outlier for s04e24!)

Opening Theme:

tumblr_mcl4j0H1xc1ruygpco4_500.gif

• Like 8

#41 Doctor Who - 187 Points
gHYC0hv.jpg
IMDB Rating:
JRjD9ow.png
Aired:  1963-1989/2005-present (BBC)
Episodes: 812
List Trivia: Doctor Who has the third highest number of episodes in the Top 100, after Sesame Street and Pokemon. The episodes are pretty much everywhere in terms of ratings distributions, look at that graph!
Storyline: The continuing adventures of The Doctor, an alien time traveler - a Time Lord - from Gallifrey. Together with his companions they travel through time and space in the TARDIS, battling evil where they find it.
Show quote:
The Tenth Doctor: Need this?
[offers the Fifth Doctor his sonic screwdriver]
The Fifth Doctor: No, I'm fine, thank you.
The Tenth Doctor: [sarcastic] Oh no, of course, you mostly went hands-free didn't you? It was like, "Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable."

Episode Ratings:
DxphouI.png

Opening Theme:

GRmU6Mm.gif

• Like 5

#40 Dragonball Z - 187 Points
sPEFMNI.jpg
IMDB Rating:
26CuLrr.png
Aired:  1996–2003 (Fuji TV/Syndication)
Episodes: 291
Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon
List Trivia: Dragonball Z is the highest ranked anime in the Top 100. It's also the third highest "Saturday Morning Cartoon", outranked by 2 shows from the same series.
Storyline: After learning that he is from another planet, a warrior named Goku and his friends are prompted to defend it from an onslaught of extraterrestrial enemies.
Show quote:
Vegeta: You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!

Episode Ratings:
yAnvsMz.png
(uhh wtf happened in season 4)

Opening Theme:

c9ZwijQ.gif

• Like 6

#41 Doctor Who - 187 Points
gHYC0hv.jpg
IMDB Rating:
JRjD9ow.png
Aired:  1963-1989/2005-present (BBC)
Episodes: 812
List Trivia: Doctor Who has the third highest number of episodes in the Top 100, after Sesame Street and Pokemon. The episodes are pretty much everywhere in terms of ratings distributions, look at that graph!
Storyline: The continuing adventures of The Doctor, an alien time traveler - a Time Lord - from Gallifrey. Together with his companions they travel through time and space in the TARDIS, battling evil where they find it.
Show quote:
The Tenth Doctor: Need this?
[offers the Fifth Doctor his sonic screwdriver]
The Fifth Doctor: No, I'm fine, thank you.
The Tenth Doctor: [sarcastic] Oh no, of course, you mostly went hands-free didn't you? It was like, "Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable."

Episode Ratings:
DxphouI.png

Opening Theme:

GRmU6Mm.gif

I can't believe Doctor Who is so low on the list. I just... what?!

#40 Dragonball Z - 187 Points
sPEFMNI.jpg
IMDB Rating:
26CuLrr.png
Aired:  1996–2003 (Fuji TV/Syndication)
Episodes: 291
Genre: Saturday Morning Cartoon
List Trivia: Dragonball Z is the highest ranked anime in the Top 100. It's also the third highest "Saturday Morning Cartoon", outranked by 2 shows from the same series.
Storyline: After learning that he is from another planet, a warrior named Goku and his friends are prompted to defend it from an onslaught of extraterrestrial enemies.
Show quote:
Vegeta: You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!

Episode Ratings:
yAnvsMz.png
(uhh wtf happened in season 4)

Opening Theme:

c9ZwijQ.gif

Also, I liked DBZ  a lot as a kid, but how on earth is it higher than Death Note? It may have hundreads of episodes, but it pales in comparison to the 30 smth episodes of DN.

• Like 1