baumer

Baumer's top 50 films of 2014/Panda's top 20 of 2014 pg 8/Numbers pg 14

Last year, Gopher started the first top 100 thread and then eventually many other members contributed.  Once one person finished their list, someone else started theirs.  I would like to do the same thing this year.  

Last year I did a top 100 list as I had seen 120+ movies.  This year I don't think I have seen more than 70.  So I'm going to do a top 50 list.  I haven't seen all the films I'd like to see, so this list might not be the same if I did it in the summer of 2015 but be that as it may, this will include the top 50 films that I have seen from 2014.

Once I am finished mine (and I should have it done by the end of the year), I hope others will do theirs.

I'll get started on this tonight after work.  

My number one film of the year might shock you.

• Like 4

Just an FYI I am doing my worst list on the 30th and my best list on the 31st, will do both entirely in one day (I usually only do my top 10, idk if I will go up to 15 or 25 for both, but no higher than 25.  Most likely it'll be my top 10 and 5 honorable mentions on each, that way it remains short, sweet, and all of the movies on both lists are either resemblances of what I found to be the highest and lowest quality of the year and no mediocre/merely decent films wind up on either.)

I've always done my lists on those two days (on previous forums before I was here) and would like to keep doing so.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 3

One movie that will make my top 25 is Pompeii. Loved that film.

Hearing that makes me want to see your list even more. I hated Pompeii, but I am glad it is on your list as it shows me your list is wide ranging, unique, and not just filled with all the expected greatly reviewed movies. I like it when people like moves that people wouldn't be expected to like.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 7

Nice, I'll do my top 100 of the half decade sometime soon as well.

Nice, I'll do my top 100 of the half decade sometime soon as well.

I was planning on doing a top 25 of the half-decade as well, but probably not until mid-January or so.

I was gonna do a top 50 for the half decade.