Ethan Hunt

top 50 films for the half decade; Kalo's list begins! (pg. 45)

The Adventures of Tintin, You've gotta be fucking kidding me. That was atrocious movie.

I could not finish it. that kind of animation makes me sick. in fact one of my least favorite films of all time is the Polar express.  :sick:

• Like 1

Your list is the 50 best films of the last 5 years, right?

Your blurbs about some of these films don't make it sound like these are the best of the best. Some of these comments sound like you are describing films that are just good, not the best of the best.

I guess that tells us what Ethan thought of the last decade movie wise. :lol: Edited by Empire

And I thought our tastes were incredibly similar up until today :lol:

Like I said my taste is very diverse, it overlaps with just about everybody,  if I met someone who hated every film I did or Loved every film I did it would be terrifying in an awesome kind of way.   :P but from what I remember I think we do generally agree. 

Edited by KaloVisor

Filmse name="baumer" post="1824858" timestamp="1419619904"]Your list is the 50 best films of the last 5 years, right?

Your blurbs about some of these films don't make it sound like these are the best of the best. Some of these comments sound like you are describing films that are just good, not the best of the best.

Hmm... I don't know, these are the 50 best films I saw the past 5 years, and granted I haven't seen anywhere near as many movies as a lot of you but I love almost every film on this list

Films 50-43 are my highest of B+'s so I really really like them but don't quite love them

Films 42-16 are A's which I consider films that I love in some cases love to pieces

Films 15-1 are my A+'s for the past 5 years, the films that I consider to just be on a different level from everything else; the best of the best.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Like I said my taste is very diverse, it overlaps with just about everybody,  if I met someone who hated every film I did or Loved every film I did it would be terrifying in an awesome kind of way.  :P

Well, considering the scores we both gave God's Not Dead, I think I have to agree.

Here's my list. Note that any 2014 film won't be in the top ten until I see a few more films from the year. And there's a lot coming on dvd.

1. Django Unchained

2. Argo

3. Captain Phillips

4. Wolf of Wall Street

5. Toy Story 3

6. Inception

7. TDKR

8. Rush

9. Skyfall

10. True Grit

Honorable Mention- the Social Network The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo The King's Speech Rise of the Planet of the Apes, American Hustle Moneyball, The Town, Avengers, Warrior, The Muppets, Silver Linings Playbook, The Fighter, Zero Dark Thirty, How to Train Your Dragon, Deathly Hallows(both parts) John Carter, Locke, GOTG, Snowpiercer, Grand Budapest Hotel, CA:TWs, DOPOTA.

• Like 2

25. Edge of Tomorrow

In case you guys haven't figured it out by now I'm a really big fan of Tom Cruise. This film is beautiful. The action scenes are top notch and a couple of them are really ADHD( in a good way) The mimics design is really cool. Oh, and Emily Blunt... :wub:  

• Like 5

24. Megamind

This movie makes me emotional. I love the characters in this film. it's quite funny. But the thing that gets this movie this high up on this list is the twist. That one really blindsided me and the follow up to the reveal is absolutly hillarious.

• Like 1

23. Ender's Game

Asa Butterfield brings to life a version of the character Ender that is very different from the one depicted in the book but I wouldn't say he's any weaker. The Game is awsome and wildey entertaing to watch on the big screen. There were moments in this movie when i just had a wide ass grin on my face and there was one moment (the fight with Bonzo) where I just had gasped in shock. The double twist ending is incredibly effective and allowed me to leave the theater feeling emotional.

• Like 4

22. Puss in Boots

This film makes me emotional, simple as that. I loved Puss in Boots when he was in the Shrek franchise and I love him here. THis film also gives us another astonishing character in HUmpty Dumpty. The backstory between those two character is really a key (and effective) component in this film.

• Like 2

21. Iron Man 3

Ah... the lack of Jon Favreau in the direction of this film is noticable and pleasent. Instead he is replaced with Shane Black who creates a tone that is very different from thy typical super hero movie and it feels fresh. RDJ is fantastic in the role again, but I feel like he has the most to work with this time around. I REALLY REALLY love the second act of this movie when he's in that little town, and that kid. I like seeing him interacting with the kid. Of course there is the twist which is absolutly killer, and amazing. This could've been an A+ film had the final act not been a letdown.

• Like 3