Ethan Hunt

top 50 films for the half decade; Kalo's list begins! (pg. 45)

31. The Bourne Legacy

If by now you aren't aware, I consider  the Bourne trilogy to be the greatest trilogy of all time. This isn't as good as any of those three films and Jeremy Renner is no Jason Bourne, but he does well as the lead of this movie. The action here is great as is the case with all Bourne movies.

29. The Amazing Spiderman 2

I really wasn't looking forward to this film after A.) the first one sucked B.) The trailers and TV spots made it look like shit. Well, I was wrong this film is awsome. Dane Dehann gives a stellar performance. This film has emotional moments, and they work and are truley emotional. Of course my favorite scene in the whole film is the Gone, Gone, Gone scene

30. Captain America: The First Avenger

Chris Evans is awsome in his first time out portraying the Superhero. Tommy Lee Jones kills it in his role as well.  Red Skull is awsoeme. Action montages are cool.

this would be almost exactly the same place on my list. really underrated movie. 

• Like 1

27. Pacific Rim

I litteraly had to be dragged to this movie. I thought it looked like one of the shitiest things ever. I was wrong again. This thing is fun as hell. the big Kaiju vs. Jeger fights were entertaning and at times actuall intense and suspenseful. I was slightly disapointed in some of the subplots that ended up being stupid but I was able to look past that for this film.

• Like 5

I really wasn't looking forward to this film after A.) the first one sucked B.) The trailers and TV spots made it look like shit. Well, I was wrong this film is awsome. Dane Dehann gives a stellar performance. This film has emotional moments, and they work and are truley emotional. Of course my favorite scene in the whole film is the Gone, Gone, Gone scene

I was close to commending you for your list not being that bad. But after including this I can only shake my head in disapproval.

• Like 2

26. Moneyball

Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are awsome in this film. As a sports fan the deption of how things go on in the office behind the sport was cool. The whole relationship thing was effective when it was in the film. Of course I was disapointed by the ending of the film, but thinking about that's because I was invested in how the team did and was disapointed that they weren't able to win it all.

• Like 2

Your list is the 50 best films of the last 5 years, right?

Your blurbs about some of these films don't make it sound like these are the best of the best.  Some of these comments sound like you are describing films that are just good, not the best of the best.

• Like 6

Your list is the 50 best films of the last 5 years, right?

Your blurbs about some of these films don't make it sound like these are the best of the best.  Some of these comments sound like you are describing films that are just good, not the best of the best.

have to agree, I'd be gushing about the movie by the time it reached 30 for the last half decade.

Edited by KaloVisor
  • Like 2

Just got done making my list and... I think it could be just as weird as Ethan's to be quite honest :lol:

To prove this, the films that almost made my list were:

Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Horrible Bosses

The Adventures of Tintin

The Grey

Sinister

Evil Dead

Edited by Rorschach is Legend

have to agree, I'd be gushing about the movie by the time it reached 30 for the last half decade.

Given that my top 50 of the half decade would pretty much mean around my top 10 for each year (give or take a few from different years), then yeah I'd be heavily applauding all of the movies on my list. I've seen about 100 from each year so that'd be the top 10% of the movies from the last 5 years.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Just got done making my list and... I think it could be just as weird as Ethan's to be quite honest :lol:

Horrible Bosses

The Adventures of Tintin

The Grey

Sinister

Evil Dead

My is up on letterboxd and it's very diverse. like really really diverse.

• Like 2

Horrible Bosses

The Adventures of Tintin

The Grey

Sinister

Evil Dead

The Adventures of Tintin, You've gotta be fucking kidding me. That was atrocious movie.

No, No, Somewhat, Kind of, Most definitely does have some emotional scenes but most are crushed, That was perhaps the worst scene of the entire film as it was A). Completely out of place and B). Laugh out loud hilarious.
  • Like 1