baumer

Tues Numbers (Spatula) (Hobbit 8.0, ITW 6.5, Unbroken 5.4)

NATM 3 is recovering from a really poor start. It should pass Mr.Peabody and Sherman (111m). I have Into the Woods at 160m and Unbroken at 140m at the end of the day.

I dont think so, Taken 3, Sniper, paddington will kill Natm3 but not the Hobbit

Also, Cheap Tuesday's didn't really become a major fixture till around 2012, and the influence of Cheap Tuesday has just increased every year.

I love historical revisions. We were discussing cheaper tuesdays affects on the box office all the way back in 2009. Course without MOJO around there's nothing written in stone.

Two years from now it's going to be cheap tuesdays didn't really hit till 2013 lol.

• Like 3

I love historical revisions. We were discussing cheaper tuesdays affects on the box office all the way back in 2009. Course without MOJO around there's nothing written in stone.

Two years from now it's going to be cheap tuesdays didn't really hit till 2013 lol.

Thanks for affirming, was thinking the same thing. It was happening in 2008.

• Like 1

I drive bus for the city. Of course I have to work tonight. :)

It must be a shitty night, IMO. Tons of drunk people trying to catch a bus, I assume.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I wasn't around on Mojo, but as someone who did follow box office the Tuesday increases really started becoming huge around 2012 when Tuesday jumps started reaching 15-20%.

• Like 1

I wasn't around on Mojo, but as someone who did follow box office the Tuesday increases really started becoming huge around 2012 when Tuesday jumps started reaching 15-20%.

100% not true.

• Like 1

I know and we have to teach all the "new to boxoffice" since MOJO members the same thing. Just gets old repeating information.

If only there were some way we could look at aggregate data to determine when the effect came to pass.

Which would be difficult due to it not being something that everyone does. Or they do it on a differing day. My local Cinemark in Texas does all day Monday $5 tickets but nothing on tuesdays.

100% not true.

I went back and looked at increases from summer 2009 onwards, Average Tuesday increases in Summer 2009 was around 6-8% across all movies, Summer 2010 increases a bit, Summer 2011 it reaches 11-15%, Summer 2012 actually sees a major explosion in terms of Tuesday increases with almost all movies starting to increase 15-20%. I compared the same 4 months across 4 different years.

Has anyone seen ITW?  I don't start work until 7pm tonight, so I'm going to catch a flick this afternoon.  I'm thinking of going to see ITW.  Any thoughts?

I really enjoyed it, but I was a fan of the broadway musical.  People who weren't fans beforehand don't seem to be liking it as much.

Can't believe Disney didn't rework that long, boring third act. I mean it's Rob Marshall, hasn't he been in director jail for the past decade? They could have done whatever they wanted. 

The last act of the broadway show Into the Woods is the best part and what makes the show.  They didn't totally get the second act right but they did a decent job at it.