Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers (Jan 2-4)

I think Imitation Game is going to bomb as I expected.

The Imitation Game has a budget of 15m, is going to make at least 50m domestically. Its going to do well in UK and Australia. This could easily reach 150m WW. A flop, lol no.

• Like 1

I hope MJ1 will outgross GOTG WW :D

So it still has about 20 mill left in NA and I'm assuming about the same in current international markets.  Even if it were to gross the same as the last Games in China, you have 27 mill.  So about 67 million left to add to 682 and you have about 740 mill.  So it will need a big boost from China to have a chance.

So, what does "Boxing Day" mean?

December 26th is the day after Christmas and it is a holiday in North America.  Back before stores were open almost 365 days a year, boxing day was the big day to go shopping.  All the sales were on, all of the remaining stock (the ones in boxes that didn't sell before Christmas) were marked down to insanely low prices.  Hence the name boxing day.

• Like 1

The Imitation Game has a budget of 15m, is going to make at least 50m domestically. Its going to do well in UK and Australia. This could easily reach 150m WW. A flop, lol no.

I agree, but I think the numbers can go even higher. 75M DOM can happen, and 80-90 is also possible. This will also play very well overseas, so I think 200WW can happen :)
  • Like 1

It's already done very well in the UK. 

It will do at least $100m in the US.