Ezen Baklattan

Most underrated films of 2011?

I actually enjoyed Transformers for all its worth.....same for Battle: LA(ok, i liked Eckhart, not much else), Hangover II wasn't nearly as bad as people said it was. But most importantly I think Source Code was highly underrated. NOBODY is talking about that movie and it had a 90 something on RT and was very very good.

Source Code was an absolute corker of a film, shame the only person to have mentioned it all year is Mark Kermode. I'd also say Rio's underrated. Not an amazing film, but fun and nigh on impossible to hate IMO.What else. Oh, Real Steel. I thought that kicked ass, but nobody went to see it. Should have been bigger.

Unknown - Nothing I saw this year reached the raw intensity of that movieI also agree with Rio to an extent. I found it fun and wholly satisfying.I'd say Transformers, but I think it's just a matter of how much you're willing to tolerate the Michaelbayness. I kind of know what to expect whenever I see any of his films now and I don't let his indulgences detract from my enjoyment.

Edited by tribefan695

We Need To Talk About Kevin should be the awards frontrunner. Great performances, great direction, great movie.The Three Musketeers - Idc, it was one fun movie.Happy Feet Two - I loved it, I cried and i'm not ashamed. Also it was much better than the first.

Edited by glassfairy

On Stranger Tides, maybe, never close to 1 or 2 but better than 3, although people said it's the worse.I'd say Limitless is a good one. I'm gonna say Super 8 as well actually because many people on this board seem against it, which is fair, given what I took from the movie is completely unrelated to the whole monster mystery.Source Code, not really, it wasn't that good at the end of the day. Rio was terribly generic as Coolio mentioned in the other thread. Cars 2? Give me a break that was godawful. Tied with Bad Teacher for worse movie of the year.Arthur Christmas is underrated too since no one saw it.

DH2 - critics raved it and than snubbed it when it comes to Top 10s and awards. So it`s both overrated (by fandom - PoA is still the best) and underrated (by awards snubs).OST - it landed on Worst Movies of 2011 List. Lol. Seriously, the movie is an improvement over shipwreck that was AWE and far from worst of 2011.TF3 - improvement over TF2 and Chicago was the best Bayhem in any Bay movie.

Edited by fishnets

I 'm in the minority but i really enjoyed The Green Hornet. Found it hilarious.Also The Hangover part II was much better than most critics say. Not as good or original as the first one but really dark and mean and funny if you ask me.

• Like 1