Ezen Baklattan

Most underrated films of 2011?

The SmurfsThe Green HornetReal SteelAdjustment BureauFootlooseWin WinThe GuardAttack the BlockThe BeaverHobo With a ShotgunPom Wonder Presents: Morgan Spurlocks DocumentaryBeing Elmo

I am a few too many thousand miles away to properly guage the reactions to movies in 2011 but the 4 movies that really stood out to me as being great when (for multiple reasons) I was expecting them not to be were:Kung Fu Panda 2Rise of the Planet of the apesXMEN First ClassPaul

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I know it was highly acclaimed and etc. but I thought it was an absolute masterpiece of a film, 2nd best since the late 1990s definitely only bested by There Will Be Blood. It didn't get anywhere near the amount of love it deserved it should've been nominated for director, picture, supporting actor and many of the techs.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - I know it was highly acclaimed and etc. but I thought it was an absolute masterpiece of a film, 2nd best since the late 1990s definitely only bested by There Will Be Blood. It didn't get anywhere near the amount of love it deserved it should've been nominated for director, picture, supporting actor and many of the techs.

The use of "La Mer" for the closing montage was brilliant, best ending of a film that year.
  • Like 1

I Am Number 4 was severely underrated. Should have made much more than it did. A shame we'll probably never see a sequel.Battle Los Angeles is another one. It doesn't deserve the hate it gets on here. The movie was very enjoyable.

BLA is the sort of film you can watch on sky movies and enjoy, I hated it at the cinema, however, I am number 4 was just a pile of crap and made more than it should have.

The use of "La Mer" for the closing montage was brilliant, best ending of a film that year.

Absolutely agree, I got it on Blu-Ray, and I'll admit to just watching the ending over, and over.