CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

But you realize Eddie Murphy was the king of comedy for about 15 years, right?

You do realize people have careers that started before 2005, don't you?

Yes, I know he was extremely popular. I don't get why you think I think otherwise. I'm aware that in the 80s/90s he was a comedy king.

I haven't seen any of his films in the past 10 years, not one of them.

I've seen plenty of his older films, and I just don't find them funny.

You realise different people have different tastes in humour, right?

• Like 1

Yeah, his SNL 40 appearance was hilarious

Dude, you weren't even alive before 2000.  How can possibly know anything about him.  

That would be like me saying that Katherine Hepburn is a horrible actress because she did that horrible Warren Beatty movie called Love Affair.

...yea, that's right...Katherine Hepburn....look her up....the world existed before you were born.

He turned down Norm MacDonald's offer to do the bill cosby bit. He doesn't even wanna make fun of bill fucking cosby anymore. Eddie was great once but not anymore. fuck him.

Cosby was one of his idols.  

Cosby hasn't even been charged with anything yet.

It doesn't surprise me he turned it down.

NPH, Degeneres and James Franco were all really bad imo

I honestly don't know who they should choose to host the ceremony, I guess there's no way to make it not boring. I have the feeling It's a kind of humour that only appeal to americans.

Seriously, I don't know ANYONE here who thinks the Ocars are funny or entertaining.

Edited by JohnnY
  • Like 2

It's not a cop out, it's just an ambiguous ending that lets you make your own mind up. As far as I'm concerned, Alfred is dreaming at the end.

Lol seriously? Haha. It's no ambiguous, it's fucking stupid. Nolan mugged us off and you actually fell for it.

Dude, you weren't even alive before 2000. How can possibly know anything about him.

That would be like me saying that Katherine Hepburn is a horrible actress because she did that horrible Warren Beatty movie called Love Affair.

...yea, that's right...Katherine Hepburn....look her up....the world existed before you were born.

Oh, Baumer, assuming I haven't watched anything pre-2000.

You're too funny, mate.

They could probably use a Ricky Gervais style host who makes more fun of the whole thing, someone who runs with the back-patting complaint and rallies against it. I didn't think Gervais was particularly funny (other than his Mel Gibson joke) but ratings noticeably improved.

• Like 1

They could probably use a Ricky Gervais style host who makes more fun of the whole thing, someone who runs with the back-patting complaint and rallies against it. I didn't think Gervais was particularly funny (other than his Mel Gibson joke) but ratings noticeably improved.

No, they're terrified of a host like that.  Hollywood elite can stand being made fun of.

• Like 3

Yes, I know he was extremely popular. I don't get why you think I think otherwise. I'm aware that in the 80s/90s he was a comedy king.

I haven't seen any of his films in the past 10 years, not one of them.

I've seen plenty of his older films, and I just don't find them funny.

You realise different people have different tastes in humour, right?

That's terrible, man! That's terrible! Eddie Murphy was a comedy genius! Your mother brought you up wrong, that's what it is!
  • Like 1

That's terrible, man! That's terrible! Eddie Murphy was a comedy genius! Your mother brought you up wrong, that's what it is!

Well, your mother's got a wooden leg with a kickstand, Stingray.

• Like 2

LOL at your conspiracy theory :rofl:

I don't think THL deserved to win, but by mentioning D9 and IG you give me more reasons to say that the Academy does nominate big blockbusters.

Up, Inception and Toy Story 3 were also nominated. 

2015 seems to be the first year since 2012 were the main contenders and most of the nominees aren't big movies.

They nominated blockbusters that year because it was the first year of more than 5 nominations and it was right after a record low views for snubbing TDK which probably deserved the win lol. They were probably trying to bring more viewers back by giving the illusion that they were rewarding more popular films yet in the end they gave the award to the lowest grossing out of the bunch and it really didn't deserve the win.

They do occasionally nominate big movies but they never actually win do they?

• Like 1