CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

They nominated blockbusters that year because it was the first year of more than 5 nominations and it was right after a record low views for snubbing TDK which probably deserved the win lol. They were probably trying to bring more viewers back by giving the illusion that they were rewarding more popular films yet in the end they gave the award to the lowest grossing out of the bunch and it really didn't deserve the win.

They do occasionally nominate big movies but they never actually win do they?

In the '90s, they were doing so well with the best picture category. Other than The English Patient and Shakespeare in Love (should have gone to Saving Private Ryan) winning, the '90s were an excellent decade for best picture winners.

It really started going down hill in 2004, and other than The Departed in 2006 and Argo in 2012, it really has been consistently bad for about 10 years now.

• Like 1

90s best picture list is mediocre. 70s is the best decade for best picture winners. dope as fuck. not a bad movie in the bunch.

Except Annie Hall beating SW and Cuckoo's Nest beating Jaws.

• Like 5

In the '90s, they were doing so well with the best picture category. Other than The English Patient and Shakespeare in Love (should have gone to Saving Private Ryan) winning, the '90s were an excellent decade for best picture winners.

It really started going down hill in 2004, and other than The Departed in 2006 and Argo in 2012, it really has been consistently bad for about 10 years now.

Shakespeare in Love is probably one of the worst BP winners ever. It pretty much cemented Harvey Weinstein as the God of Oscar campaigns.

• Like 3

lol, because I think Eddie Murphy isn't funny anymore. I hope this makes you feel better as a human being, Baumer. Now I'd figure we'd get back on topic, as anyone in your position would say.

We are on topic.  Murphy is part of the topic of people that should host.  You said he wasn't funny, I disagreed with you.

That makes me the biggest troll here?