Kalo

Kalo's 54 films of 2014 countdown. (Countdown complete #1 on page 9)

#8 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

apes-members-of-the-poster-posse-rise-up

This movie really took me by surprise, I was late on watching Rise, just seeing it for the first time January last year. and I felt it was overrated (though I'm pretty sure I would like it better now). so I wasn't really dying to see Dawn like some people, but the trailers looked fantastic, it came out to phenomenal reviews, so I decided to see it, unbelievable, it was astoundingly amazingly good. being perfectly paced, and it knew when to speed up and when to slow down. the entire cast was stiller, but the true performances went to the apes. Andy Serkis and Toby Kebbell, were immersed in their characters, they were the apes! also this may be the first time ever scene between two CGI, characters brought tears to my eyes. Jason Clarke, Keri Russell, and Gary Oldman were all great as well, and the buildup, and just plan smartness of this film was incredible, and the Visuals! the apes looked really some of the best CGI, work I have ever seen! I really can't think of a thing I didn't like about this movie. it was amazing!   

My Grade: A
Favorite Character: Caesar
Favorite performance: Andy Serkis
Favorite part:

the farewell scene of Caeser and Malcolm

Award Winner Best Visual Effects According to Kalo

dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-trailer-0

dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-koba.jpg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI9U_qXJqQM  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n0AyuTPpZo  

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 5

I love Dawn, but It is not as good as Rise. I feel like the movie is so much more ambitious and it loses sight of the thing that made the first film a magical experience and that of course would be Caesar. I still love it so much though.

I love Dawn, but It is not as good as Rise. I feel like the movie is so much more ambitious and it loses sight of the thing that made the first film a magical experience and that of course would be Caesar. I still love it so much though.

it's so much better than rise :P

• Like 1

what? :huh: there was A baby monkey

dawn_of_the_planet_of_the_apes_2014_scre

Keri Russell is a beautiful woman. I want to see her in more movies.

And that reminds me: when is your Hottest Actresses list due, Kalo?

Edited by Sam
  • Like 2

#7 Guardians of the Galaxy

6e037f9da6161bc921c90e761b38c386.jpg

"I'm Sorry I forgot how this thing worked" 

okay so I was really curious about this film when I heard it was being made, me like most people had no Idea what it was, which made it a must see for me, and I didn't know much about Chris Pratt either, so I starting watching parks and rec, and fell in love with him there, and if I had any doubts Lego Movie quenched them. I thought the trailers were fantastic, and so many people thought it would bomb, I didn't I mean I didn't predict it would be over $300m. but something in the back of my head told me it just might.

when I first saw it, i watched it in 3D, and I gotta say it's one of the few films that actually looked really good with 3D. the funny thing is this move actually got better to me the more I watched it, which is four times now only one film this year have I seen more. my opinion of the film changed so much so that it went from an A- to and very healthy A to me. it's a really beautiful film to look at. and the worlds marvel created are pretty freakin awesome looking. but I really loved about this movie, is it's characters and the way they interact, it's not really original a team of unlikely criminals become heroes, but it's so witty and everyone has such excellent chemistry that it makes it a joyous experience to watch. Chris Pratt was so fantastic here, there is just nothing to not love about him or his Character Peter Quill. Groot and Rocket are such an awesome team, and Starlords costume! I just want it soo bad! and the soundtrack!! I love 1980s/70s music and this is just pure gold and fits perfectly with the film and propels it even higher. Ain't no Mountain High even being one of my favorite songs of all time didn't hurt either. and the opening credits title was perhaps the best scene I have seen in any film all year, it was probably the best opening title sequence I've ever seen! the visuals were colorful and very good to (maybe even second best aside from Dawn). and this movie is just so stinking quotable, the villain was a razor thin character and there was a bit tediousness in the middle. and I thought that wired cyborg chick was kind of really cheesy.  but the climax was so amazingly fantastic it levels it out pretty fine, oh and John C. Riley I loved him here!  I love a good drama but gave me a fun superhero comedy and I'll take it any day! this movie is just unbelievable good and marvel is on a role (for now at least) love love love this movie! 

Favorite Character: Starlord
Favorite performance: Chris Pratt 
Favorite part:

opening title, dance off scene, groot's sacrifice, the guardians joining hands to maintain the power of the infinity stone, the end scene, the prologue.

I lied AWARD WINNER! Best Art Direction according to Kalo 

I lied AWARD WINNER! Best Costumes (okay maybe tied with GBPH)

AWARD WINNER! best Soundtrack according to Kalo 

groot-spores.gif

chris-pratt-dancing.gif?w=650

492ae15367e41299972e7b9668a6af95.jpg

post-52160-rocket-raccoon-oh-yeah-gif-Im

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacorzSwf0M

• Like 3

Keri Russell is a beautiful woman. I want to see her in more movies.

And that reminds me: when is your Hottest Actresses list due, Kalo?

probably around march 20th. people better send lists in there is less than half than the hottest actors list right now.

also I completely agree Keri Russell is gorgeous and a great actress, have you seen Waitress? 

• Like 1

probably around march 20th. people better send lists in there is less than half than the hottest actors list right now.

also I completely agree Keri Russell is gorgeous and a great actress, have you seen Waitress?

No, I haven't seen it. Just did a quick google and it was a romance movie, i'm in the mood for that. I'll search for it.

I'm still doing searches to make sure I don't forget any actresses that I think are gorgeous. And also cause I wanna do a Top 100 this time. Maybe we should bump the thread to remind people.

Edited by Sam

No, I haven't seen it. Just did a quick google and it was a romcom, so right up my alley. I'll search for it.

I'm still doing searches to make sure I dob't forget any actresses that I think are gorgeous. And also cause I wanna do a Top 100 this time. Maybe we should bump the thread to remind people.

I will later, after I'm done with my film countdowns, and Waitress is so much more than a romcom, in fact it nots really a rom com at all. it's fantastic. 

7# Guardians of the Galaxy

6e037f9da6161bc921c90e761b38c386.jpg

"I'm Sorry I forgot how this thing worked" 

okay so I was really curious about this film when I heard it was being made, me like most people had no Idea what it was, which made it a must see for me, and I didn't know much about Chris Pratt either, so I starting watching parks and rec, and fell in love with him there, and if I had any doubts Lego Movie quenched them. I thought the trailers were fantastic, and so many people thought it would bomb, I didn't I mean I didn't predict it would be over $300m. but something in the back of my head told me it just might.

when I first saw it, i watched it in 3D, and I gotta say it's one of the few films that actually looked really good with 3D. the funny thing is this move actually got better to me the more I watched it, which is four times now only one film this year have I seen more. my opinion of the film changed so much so that it went from an A- to and very healthy A to me. it's a really beautiful film to look at. and the worlds marvel created are pretty freakin awesome looking. but I really loved about this movie, is it's characters and the way they interact, it's not really original a team of unlikely criminals become heroes, but it's so witty and everyone has such excellent chemistry that it makes it a joyous experience to watch. Chris Pratt was so fantastic here, there is just nothing to not love about him or his Character Peter Quill. Groot and Rocket are such an awesome team, and Starlords costume! I just want it soo bad! and the soundtrack!! I love 1980s/70s music and this is just pure gold and fits perfectly with the film and propels it even higher. Ain't no Mountain High even being one of my favorite songs of all time didn't hurt either. and the opening credits title was perhaps the best scene I have seen in any film all year, it was probably the best opening title sequence I've ever seen! the visuals were colorful and very good to (maybe even second best aside from Dawn). and this movie is just so stinking quotable, the villain was a razor thin character and there was a bit tediousness in the middle. and I thought that wired cyborg chick was kind of really cheesy.  but the climax was so amazingly fantastic it levels it out pretty fine, oh and John C. Riley I loved him here!  I love a good drama but gave me a fun superhero comedy and I'll take it any day! this movie is just unbelievable good and marvel is on a role (for now at least) love love love this movie! 

Favorite Character: Starlord

Favorite performance: Chris Pratt 

Favorite part:

opening title, dance off scene, groot's sacrifice, the guardians joining hands to maintain the power of the infinity stone, the end scene, the prologue.

I lied AWARD WINNER! Best Art Direction according to Kalo 

I lied AWARD WINNER! Best Art Costumes (okay maybe tied with GBPH)

AWARD WINNER! best Soundtrack according to Kalo 

groot-spores.gif

chris-pratt-dancing.gif?w=650

492ae15367e41299972e7b9668a6af95.jpg

post-52160-rocket-raccoon-oh-yeah-gif-Im

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NacorzSwf0M

This is sooo goood!

3442529-tumblr_inline_ms1qnrx5kf1qz4rgp.

I will later, after I'm done with my film countdowns, and Waitress is so much more than a romcom, in fact it nots really a rom com at all. it's fantastic.

My mistake. I meant to say romantic movie.

Also, I like the way you do your write up, Kalo with the Kalo Awards, favorite scenes, highlights and stuff. Make it a very 'you' list.

• Like 1

My mistake. I meant to say romantic movie.

Also, I like the way you do your write up, Kalo with the Kalo Awards, favorite scenes, highlights and stuff. Make it a very 'you' list.

thank, you, but wrong again, waitress isn't very romantic either  :lol: it's about a woman, who is completely  controlled by her douchebag husband and only solace is in baking pies, she then gets pregnant and ends up having an affair with her doctor.    

thank, you, but wrong again, waitress isn't very romantic either  :lol: it's about a woman, who is completely  controlled by her douchebag husband and only solace is in baking pies, she then gets pregnant and ends up having an affair with her doctor.

So more of a drama then.

Google lied to me.

• Like 1