Kalo

Kalo's 54 films of 2014 countdown. (Countdown complete #1 on page 9)

But imagine, Ethan with his five girlfriends and an adopted chimpanzee would make one hell of a sitcom.

I think Paris Hilton would have to be in it, telling Ethan every episode that he's hot.

• Like 2

But imagine, Ethan with his five girlfriends and an adopted chimpanzee would make one hell of a sitcom.

Seems to me that the sitcom would be about five girls primarily, and then the weird guy with a monkey pet that they exploit and have do stuff for them.

So basically the My Little Pony animated show I guess?

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

#6 Gone Girl

gone-girl-7.jpg

With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.

Gone Girl was one of my most anticipated films of last year, I love a good mystery thriller, and the trailer for it, was probably one of the best released last year. 

The movie completely lived up to my expectations and than some, this film is directed masterful, everything comes and goes like clockwork, and adds another piece to the puzzle, and we have David Fincher to that. it's just brilliant. as for the cast Rosamund Pike is out of this world in her performance she captives you as bored Missouri house wife Amy Dunne. and in my opinion (from what I've seen) has been the best performance of the year in the for an actress. Ben Affleck, is great here too, I was just watching good will hunting for the first time (and it was amazing!) and I realized how much he as grown as an actor. he not quite as good in front of the camera as he is behind it yet. but he is now a very established actor in my opinion. this movie had so many twists and turns and I honestly was not sure how it was going to end, which is saying something these days (I started reading the book, but not did finish it, unfortunately having seen the movie kind of killed my interest, but it was fantastic what i read). the camera work grand, I found a very haunting beauty to the way this movie was shot. This movie is so twisted but in all the right ways. and the end is so .. well I don't wanna give it away. but wow. this movie absolutely blow my mind. I completely loved it. 

My Grade: A+
Favorite Character: Amy Dunne
Favorite performance: Rosamund Pike
Favorite part: I'm not quite sure, there were a lot though.

AWARD WINNER!! Best Actress in a leading role Rosamund Pike according to Kalo

AmazingAmyCover-mtv-1421090391.jpg

tumblr_n424cgj3gv1qmm8t3o2_500.gif

Ben-Affleck-in-Gone-Girl-GIF-with-camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3IYyv-lIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-YvKwRJY4

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 6

Seems to me that the sitcom would be about five girls primarily, and then the weird guy with a monkey pet that they exploit and have do stuff for them.

So basically the My Little Pony animated show I guess?

nice  :lol:

#4 Tie Part 1 - X-Men Days of Future Past.

San+Diego+Comic-Con+2013+X-Men+Days+of+F

The X-Men series is one of the longest running ongoing movie series in hollywood, and is one of my oldest favorite superhero films, X-Men and X2, being among my favorite superhero films of all time. I really loved the whole parallel of what these movies stood for persecution of minorities (especially I feel towards homosexuals)   and tolerance. so I was ecstatic when I heard they were bringing the nearly the entire cast together in a merging story with the first class cast, in this crazy timing travling epic. X-Men Days of Future Past blew my mind, it was my most anticipated film of 2014. and it did not disappoint. in fact at the time I saw it it was my favorite film of the year. I'm a bit shocked that it's not to be honest. it's certainly good enough to be. the return of Bryan Singer at the helm I think is what really helped this film, he just has a love for the characters (well most of them.. poor cyclops), and his vision really propelled the series to new heights. this movie is also a visual masterpiece the set pieces the camera work, the CGI (yes there is such a thing as good CGI) is incredible. as for the cast well. I've got to admit as much as I love Hugh Jackman I was kind of getting tired of Wolverine being the main focus of every film in this series, which is why I thought first class was such a breath of fresh air. but I was impressed with what hugh did, he always fantastic with the character and I thought he gave the best wolverine yet. and a bit different one, he's a little more soft and caring than usual, he has to be. and it works wonderfully. but I felt the real driving force of this movie and the best performance in the entire film was James McAvoy as the now broken and cynical Charles Xavier who in my opinion was really the heart of this story and main focus, he is just the wonderful caring human bean who has had everything taken away from, like everything his hope is even fading which brings be to perhaps my favorite scene in the entire movie, when he shares a scene, with the great Patrick Stuart, it is beautiful emotional and heartbreaking. Michael Fassbender was great here too, as a bit more hard Magneto than last time, but ever as dashing. the only cast member I felt was misplaced was  Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. I mean she does a good job more or less, but she doesn't fit the character in my opinion, plus they gave her more focus than they needed to, I mean what they wrote was good. and I really liked the relationship between her and charlie was quite touching. but that is a very minor nitpick. also I felt maybe they should have spent a little more time in the future cause every sequence there was amazing Evan Peters as quicksilver. oh yes please, his character was one of the highpoints of the movie and he is front and center in probably my favorite scene in the entire movie. I also need to point out Nicholas Hoult, loved him as beast, he was fantastic. but there is another scene oh involving a speech and almost certain death and Michael Fassbender oh gosh I really love this movie. this is tied for my favorite superhero film of all time as I can't make a conclusive decision on it at the moment, maybe it is. oh and the dire since this movie had the all or nothing gamble it was so great. and the climax, it wasn't over the top it was incredibly emotional and deep and did not require an half hour long battle. almost everything about this movie was perfect. (sorry I kind of wrote a book there :P)

Favorite Character: Charles Xavier 
Favorite performance: James Mcavoy 
Favorite part: Prison Escape, climax, "We need you to hope again"

x-men-days-of-future-past-blink.gif

x-men-days-of-future-past-storm.gif

3-X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-quotes.gif

tumblr_n6a1wvE8dB1r03eggo2_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NnyVc8r2SM  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLY-qLtBTuk  

• Like 6

#4 Tie Part 2 Captain America: The Winter Soldier 

b713c51efbd673b5bd5372cbd67c9751.jpg

"Before we get started, does anyone wanna get out?"

Before this movie came out, I was beginning to lose faith in the MCU, I had just experienced two major letdowns with, Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, in 2013. but I thought the premise for "Winter Soldier" was extremely interesting from the get go, and it was probably my most anticipated film of phase two. however, after being let down twice by marvel, I was at an approach with caution for this movie, but everything about it looked great. the trailers, the early buzz was ecstatic, and then critic reviews came powering many claiming it was one the best superhero films of all time. 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier, singlehandedly restored my faith in marvel. it was everything I had hoped it would be, and it took risks! it was a lot darker than the so far candy coated films marvel had been cracking out, and instead of trying the same formula twice, they went in a completely different direction from "The First Avenger" Winter Soldier, expanded on every character from first avenger and The Avengers, and we witnessed some excellent character arcs, this is probably the most character focused film marvel has done so far as far as development goes. Chris Evans was better than ever here, possibly the best work I've seen him do, and his chemistry played off great with the other cast members,  especially Scarlett Johansson, who really comes into her own here, her character is fleshed out more than ever here, and he get a personal side to Black Widow that we were yet to have seen. Scarlett in Chris had some of the best chemistry of the year. Anthony Mackie was great as the Falcon, and Sebastian Stan was given perhaps the best villain (sort of) that we have seen from the MCU (not that that's saying much) he was completely badass as "The Winter Soldier". now for the action, the action sequences were superb, the hand to hand comeback, oh and that elevator scene. sure some of it may have been a little bit over the top, but this is a superhero movie. 

There was also a rather large amount of humor, very well placed and mostly used as banter between characters. Robert Redford also was an excellent addition to this cast, playing the very real feeling villain, and Sam Jackson was the best fury so far. I also felt the score was really good, which thus far I also felt the MCU was lacking in that area. there is was a lot of heavy stuff here about modern warfare and at what lengths will we go to for security. how much control is too much? this was a meaty film. I loved it this is tied (at the moment) as my favorite superhero of all time. (this is also my most watched film of the year, I've seen it 4 1/2 times.. soon to be 5)

Favorite Character: Steve Rogers aka Captain America
Favorite performance: Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson 
Favorite part:

Cap telling bucky ge won't fight him, cause he's with him to the end of the line. the fight in the streets between cap and bucky. discover hydra, "the Price of freedom is high" scene.

AWARD WINNER BEST ACTION FILM OF THE YEAR!! according to Kalo.

post-30370-Captain-America-the-Winter-So

tumblr_mv801zU6aa1saclugo10_500.gif

tumblr_mv6mpjz90p1s55cxco2_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-U-x-okaXA  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJGh51wR7k  

• Like 5

6# Gone Girl

gone-girl-7.jpg

Gone Girl was one of my most anticipated films of last year, I love a good mystery thriller, and the trailer for it, was probably one of the best released last year. 

The movie completely lived up to my expectations and than some, this film is directed masterful, everything comes and goes like clockwork, and adds another piece to the puzzle, and we have David Fincher to that. it's just brilliant. as for the cast Rosamund Pike is out of this world in her performance she captives you as bored Missouri house wife Amy Dunne. and in my opinion (from what I've seen) has been the best performance of the year in the for an actress. Ben Affleck, is great here too, I was just watching good will hunting for the first time (and it was amazing!) and I realized how much he as grown as an actor. he not quite as good in front of the camera as he is behind it yet. but he is now a very established actor in my opinion. this movie had so many twists and turns and I honestly was not sure how it was going to end, which is saying something these days (I started reading the book, but not did finish it, unfortunately having seen the movie kind of killed my interest, but it was fantastic what i read). the camera work grand, I found a very haunting beauty to the way this movie was shot. This movie is so twisted but in all the right ways. and the end is so .. well I don't wanna give it away. but wow. this movie absolutely blow my mind. I completely loved it. 

Favorite Character: Amy Dunne

Favorite performance: Rosamund Pike

Favorite part: I'm not quite sure, there were a lot though.

AWARD WINNER!! Best Actress in a leading role Rosamund Pike according to Kalo

AmazingAmyCover-mtv-1421090391.jpg

tumblr_n424cgj3gv1qmm8t3o2_500.gif

Ben-Affleck-in-Gone-Girl-GIF-with-camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3IYyv-lIg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-YvKwRJY4

I fully agree with this and that poster is AWESOME!!

• Like 2