baumer

Gone With the Wind

13 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Gone With The Wind

The only problem I have with Lawrence is the fact the german restored versions have a few parts in just english with german subtitles and the rest is german.Some s*** with Bringing up Baby.

That's totally bizarre -- who handles the distribution for home video over there, for those titles? Is it Sony?

Lawrence of Arabia is definitely an A+++ movie. The epic that every epic that came out after it wanted to be. Gone With The Wind though, while I like it overall, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get bored during some parts of it. The leads are especially great though.

That's totally bizarre -- who handles the distribution for home video over there, for those titles? Is it Sony?

It's not the distribution. But if they release a new cut or a directors cut the original voices might not be available anymore after decades.In my directors cut of Aliens they replaced Ripleys german voice in some scenes with something that sounds very similar; sometimes they just have no option and just go with the original.And since german dubbing is really good in general this really sucks.

Yeah, Lawrence is great. A real epic that stands the test of time. My favourite film from the 40's is probably Casablanca.I should probably find the time some day to watch GWTW but it's always seemed so much of an effort.

Edited by DeeCee