Olive

Best Animated Feature-2015 predictions

Will there be enough qualifying films for 5 nominees?

Inside Out

The Good Dinosaur

Shaun the Sheep (assuming it gets a qualifying release)

When Marnie was There

And... oh a tossup between Home, Peanuts, or Monster Trucks

Actually, I think the last spot will go to The Prophet, assuming it gets a qualifying release.

The Boy and the World!!! :lol:

I saw that film a couple days ago. Really unique but I fear it might be too "out there" even for the Academy. Between it and the relatively "safe" indie choice of a Ghibli film, I think they'd go with the latter.

I saw that film a couple days ago. Really unique but I fear it might be too "out there" even for the Academy. Between it and the relatively "safe" indie choice of a Ghibli film, I think they'd go with the latter.

How did you saw this movie? So the Academy is racist?

How did you saw this movie? So the Academy is racist?

It was playing at the Cleveland Film Festival. It's not about race, it's that it's an 80-minute dialogue-free, deliberately artsy production. I can't imagine it getting the kind of studio push it would need to be considered.

• Like 1

It was playing at the Cleveland Film Festival. It's not about race, it's that it's an 80-minute dialogue-free, deliberately artsy production. I can't imagine it getting the kind of studio push it would need to be considered.

But Ernest & Celestine could do it. :(

Currently see Inside Out, Good Dino and Peanuts all making it. The 4th and 5th spot now-likely a foreign film that nobody has seen, other possibly ones are Shaun the Sheep (even if I think it looks bland, but that's besides the point), Minions (though a 55% on RT is pretty glaring), Hotel 2 (doubtful, though Globes seems like a nod for it-of course never say never), Strange Magic (kidding!).

IO's a lock. As for the others:

Good Dinosaur - 95%

Shaun the Sheep - 80%

The Little Prince - 75%

When Marnie was There - 70%

Peanuts Movie - 40%

Hotel Transylvania - 25%

Minions - 20%

Home - 15%

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Inside Out

The Good Dinosaur

Shaun the Sheep

When Marnie Was There

Anomalisa

Peanuts

The Little Prince

Anomalisa is definitely in if it gets US distribution this year. It's Kaufman and claymation. The Academy will eat that shit up.

Edited by TStechnij

TGD would have to be stupendous to warrant a nom. I just don't see them nominating both Pixar films otherwise. Two of Peanuts, The Little Prince and Anomalisa seems more probable.

You think so? The Academy has never been Pixar oppressors before so I have no problem with thinking that two pics can get in. Especially with the way the votes are counted; they need a certain amount of first places which is why I think Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur and Anomalisa are safe-- they will likely evoke passion.