Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Didnt she refuse Cinderella. I doubt she's interested in this kind of movies.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/emma-watson-addresses-little-mermaid-casting-rumors-1201149052/

After Deadline broke news last week that Sofia Coppola had signed to direct a live-action “The Little Mermaid,” media outlets started to speculate that Emma Watson (who appeared in Coppola’s “Bling Ring”) would be perfect casting as Ariel.

SEE ALSO: Meet the Teacher Who Inspired Darren Aronofsky’s “Noah” and Didn’t Find Russell Crowe Attractive

Well, it turns out, Watson already has the costume at home. But it’s an old costume. “I actually dressed up as Ariel for my fifth birthday,” Watson, 23, told Variety at the premiere of “Noah,” her upcoming Biblical adventure starring Russell Crowe and directed by Darren Aronofsky.

She hasn’t been offered the fin-flipping role yet. “I mean I’d have to read it first,” Watson said, adding, “I love Sofia so much.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/emma-watson-addresses-little-mermaid-casting-rumors-1201149052/

After Deadline broke news last week that Sofia Coppola had signed to direct a live-action “The Little Mermaid,” media outlets started to speculate that Emma Watson (who appeared in Coppola’s “Bling Ring”) would be perfect casting as Ariel.

SEE ALSO: Meet the Teacher Who Inspired Darren Aronofsky’s “Noah” and Didn’t Find Russell Crowe Attractive

Well, it turns out, Watson already has the costume at home. But it’s an old costume. “I actually dressed up as Ariel for my fifth birthday,” Watson, 23, told Variety at the premiere of “Noah,” her upcoming Biblical adventure starring Russell Crowe and directed by Darren Aronofsky.

She hasn’t been offered the fin-flipping role yet. “I mean I’d have to read it first,” Watson said, adding, “I love Sofia so much.”

What happened to this? I want Little Mermaid more than any other live action Disney Princess movie!

• Like 2

I'm guessing the production cost would be enormous.

Not to mention imagining the underwater world would be really hard to pull off in live action. But if done right, it could be one of the most visually stunning films ever made.

What happened to this? I want Little Mermaid more than any other live action Disney Princess movie!

Beats me, schedule problems, maybe it wasn't meant for her, more money perhaps or Belle was more interesting than Ariel?

• Like 1

Not to mention imagining the underwater world would be really hard to pull off in live action. But if done right, it could be one of the most visually stunning films ever made.

It be like Avatar but underwater. 

• Like 1

One of the reasons POTC had so many land scenes is because Disney wanted to cut from the huge costs of filming on water. And even so, POTC4 still cost 250M.  Granted, Depp had a huge payment on that, but even so the budget is big. POTC 3 cost a reportedly 300M and let's be honest here, we all know that "reported budgets" are the lower end of the deal. And those are movies that made 1B, which an Ariel movie likely won't have a chance at doing.